The Student Room Group

Boyfriend hasn't text in 5 days!

Hello! I dont know if someone can help me here... I dont know if I should be worried or relax. my boyfriend has been traveling in Europe with his parents for the last 3 weeks, the first 2 weeks we talked a lot he used to text me everyday, send me snapchats, also by that time he still had a SIM card from europe on his phone that stopped working last week. Since it stopped working I didnt get any messages from him in 4 days and of course I was freaking out. He eventually texted me back on the 4th day and everything was good! we texted a bit he was as sweet as usual, he told me that the wifi was *****y, but that he loved me and that he missed me. 5 more days have passed and I havent got any message from him and Im starting to worry again, he hasnt read my last messages but he appeared online today, he hasnt been active on instagram though... I dont know if hes ignoring me on purpose or he really doesnt have wifi, but what i dont understand is how he receives my messages on facebook and was online today but is not able to respond!! Am i crazy or should i be worried?? Has anyone experienced this before?? thank you!!!

Scroll to see replies

he's probably busy and sometimes on holiday wifi can be trash. when does he come back?
Reply 2
when I asked him he told me he wasnt sure cause its his parents who were planning the whole trip, and since we havent had the chance to talk I didnt ask him again
Original post by goodybag69
he's probably busy and sometimes on holiday wifi can be trash. when does he come back?
Original post by hlozadav
Hello! I dont know if someone can help me here... I dont know if I should be worried or relax. my boyfriend has been traveling in Europe with his parents for the last 3 weeks, the first 2 weeks we talked a lot he used to text me everyday, send me snapchats, also by that time he still had a SIM card from europe on his phone that stopped working last week. Since it stopped working I didnt get any messages from him in 4 days and of course I was freaking out. He eventually texted me back on the 4th day and everything was good! we texted a bit he was as sweet as usual, he told me that the wifi was *****y, but that he loved me and that he missed me. 5 more days have passed and I havent got any message from him and Im starting to worry again, he hasnt read my last messages but he appeared online today, he hasnt been active on instagram though... I dont know if hes ignoring me on purpose or he really doesnt have wifi, but what i dont understand is how he receives my messages on facebook and was online today but is not able to respond!! Am i crazy or should i be worried?? Has anyone experienced this before?? thank you!!!

He could have had wifi for the length of time it took to deliver your messages and for him to appear online, but then it went again before his messages were able to send. I wouldn't be too concerned, just let him enjoy his holiday with his family and he will talk to you when he can. You already know he has dodgy connection so don't take it personally.
Reply 4
Yes, I guess you are right. It's hard because we have a long distance relationship and I feel way more insecure than usual. Thanks for your advice though!!
Original post by DrawTheLine
He could have had wifi for the length of time it took to deliver your messages and for him to appear online, but then it went again before his messages were able to send. I wouldn't be too concerned, just let him enjoy his holiday with his family and he will talk to you when he can. You already know he has dodgy connection so don't take it personally.
Yes, I guess you are right. It's hard because we have a long distance relationship and I feel way more insecure than usual. Thanks for your advice though!!

Why do you feel insecure in your relationship?

where is he and you from?
Reply 7
I had another long distance relationship that ended very bad so I guess Im kind of scared...
Original post by DrawTheLine
Why do you feel insecure in your relationship?
I had another long distance relationship that ended very bad so I guess Im kind of scared...

Don't treat this relationship the same as the last one because that's not fair on you or your current boyfriend. It's fresh and free of any issues that your last one had.
5 days is a bit of a long time to not hear from your boyfriend, but if he is not picking up your calls or answering messages I would just leave it and wait until he responds. Then you can ask him the reason why.
I'm in the same situation as you and I totally understand where you're coming from. I've also seen my bf active online but not text me for a week. I'm also in a long distance relationship but it's a fairly new relationship (under 2 months).
Reply 11
People have told me that sometimes that happens when the wifi is very bad... Im trying to stay calm and trust on what he told me last time we talked... were you and your boyfriend having problems before he stopped texting you?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm in the same situation as you and I totally understand where you're coming from. I've also seen my bf active online but not text me for a week. I'm also in a long distance relationship but it's a fairly new relationship (under 2 months).
If he's on holiday then you've nothing to worry about.

If he were just sat in the house doing nothing and not answering his phone that is when you should be concerned.
(edited 4 years ago)
I know my bf doesn't have wifi problems. The only problem we are having is just the lack of messaging in general. We both got really busy with our studies and slacked off but now we aren't even texting at all. I initiated a conversation with him 2 days ago asking how he was and he said he was on holiday but after a few messages, he stopped replying. He's clearly been active but not opened my message. We've not had good communication before he even went on holiday so I'm really not sure where this relationship is heading. Before he went on holiday, we didn't text everyday either so I'm slightly concerned.
People have told me that sometimes that happens when the wifi is very bad... Im trying to stay calm and trust on what he told me last time we talked... were you and your boyfriend having problems before he stopped texting you?
Reply 14
Maybe try calling him? or asking if everything is ok... I would do the same but I dont want to be annoying since I already texted him and didnt get an answer
Original post by Anonymous
I know my bf doesn't have wifi problems. The only problem we are having is just the lack of messaging in general. We both got really busy with our studies and slacked off but now we aren't even texting at all. I initiated a conversation with him 2 days ago asking how he was and he said he was on holiday but after a few messages, he stopped replying. He's clearly been active but not opened my message. We've not had good communication before he even went on holiday so I'm really not sure where this relationship is heading. Before he went on holiday, we didn't text everyday either so I'm slightly concerned.
You are not crazy. Bring concerned is normal. Make sure you figure things or w him when y’all talk next.
If he innocentand truthful, things looking great.
If he not loyal to you or doesn’t respect you, leave him.
If he doesn’t respond like you would like him to on purpose, he does not deserve you. You don’t serve better treatment.
Don’t stay in relationships that are toxic or stress you out.
He need not disrupt your peace of mind.
But, if he truthful. Then you lucky
Reply 16
Give him 5 more days then dump him, block him so you won't be tempted to chat again. Block FB also after about 5 days of h*ll you may go through. Then...if and when he tries to chat you up again when he returns to the states, act like you don't know what happened. Tell him Your accounts must have been screwed up or your internet or phone service.
he cheat! abdo get the stone! come me, nice mooslem, nice shish kebap, good stroke camel, i will buy u chanelli, gocci and balamclaga
Original post by LMarieP
Give him 5 more days then dump him, block him so you won't be tempted to chat again. Block FB also after about 5 days of h*ll you may go through. Then...if and when he tries to chat you up again when he returns to the states, act like you don't know what happened. Tell him Your accounts must have been screwed up or your internet or phone service.

That is good revenge if revenge is desired by the thread starter. Otherwise DUMP HIS ASS if he doesn’t treat you right.

Check if he’s honest before dumping though.
Original post by LMarieP

How mature.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending