The Student Room Group

National 5 Physics Unofficial Marking Scheme

Scroll to see replies

In a series circuit vs=v1+v2 in parallel voltage is the same at every point
Original post by Strelzo
How do you get D?
Anyone find that section 2 was hard this time round? I got extra time and didn’t even make it past q9. Definitely scare for results day...
Reply 22
Original post by Alexanderpaynnne
Anytime man! Just sharing in the horror that was Nat 5 physics

Lol, I had a horror. I completely misjudged my time (mixed it up with French; thought we started at 1pm and finished at 3:30pm. Turns out it started at 12:40pm and finished at 3:10pm, so I didn't get to look over like 3 quarters of the paper or attempt the answers that I purposely left to do at the end because I couldn't get them instantly at first glance, Should hopefully still get an A, but I'm really concerned; paper was easy, I just mixed up the times and am really agitated.)
I think that’s what I did.. I think :s-smilie:
Original post by Fhhdndjdj
Reply 24

It's not series though?
Your really lucky you feel confident about getting an A well done brer
Original post by Strelzo
Lol, I had a horror. I completely misjudged my time (mixed it up with French; thought we started at 1pm and finished at 3:30pm. Turns out it started at 12:40pm and finished at 3:10pm, so I didn't get to look over like 3 quarters of the paper or attempt the answers that I purposely left to do at the end because I couldn't get them instantly at first glance, Should hopefully still get an A, but I'm really concerned; paper was easy, I just mixed up the times and am really agitated.)
Canny Laugh hen cuz that will b me in 2years x
Original post by Abbyallan27
AAAA98D4-E915-492B-BFBF-A84CB0995795.jpg.jpeg
Original post by Strelzo
Section 1

Unofficial marking scheme for Section 1 (Please correct me if your answers differ. Also, the images are not in order because they were uploaded randomly to my computer; I will edit this post in the future to tidy it up a bit):

1. A

2. B

3. E

4. C

5. C

6. B

7. C

8. C

9. D

10. E

11. A

12. A

13. B

14. B

15. E

16. D

17. B

18. C

19. D

20. A

21. B

22. A

23. E

24. D

25. B

20190515_200601.jpg20190515_200552.jpg20190515_200546.jpg20190515_200540.jpg20190515_200534.jpg20190515_200526.jpg20190515_200521.jpg20190515_200512.jpg20190515_200507.jpg20190515_200457.jpg

Thanks for making this! :smile:
Reply 29
Your really lucky you feel confident about getting an A well done brer

Cheers, but sorry if I sound a little cocky. I really do put the effort into all my subjects, (everyday since April 10th to May 15th(so far) I have sat down for 10 hours and studied, to the point where I've memorised the definitions and long paragraphs off by heart, that's why I expect nothing less than an A) but I misjudged my time. Again, sorry for sounding so cocky, but I can't really express myself in any other way when discussing this. I'm just really frustrated; can't believe I got the time's mixed up, but at least I'll know to double-check in the future.
Reply 30
Original post by Labrador99
Thanks for making this! :smile:

No problem :smile:
Original post by Strelzo

Ahhhh omg! Ours started at 1pm as shown on the sqa website. Schools can change the time tho, so guessing yours did :/
Reply 32
Ahhhh omg! Ours started at 1pm as shown on the sqa website. Schools can change the time tho, so guessing yours did :/

It did, stupid decision. That along with French just got me mixed up, I didn't bring my phone in, so my friend just told me it's time to go (and there's me assuming it's 1pm :frown:) I guess it won't matter too much as I'm taking it into Higher and aiming for an A (lesson learned this year; won't happen in Higher), but I'm concerned that I might not get into the highest class, which is just a setback going forward. I'm sure if I have a discussion with my physics teacher he will understand, because my results in the prelim and unit tests have all been above 90%.
(edited 4 years ago)
I’m sure you did great. Off topic so feel free to delete but do you know if there’s a thread for N5 french answers?
Reply 34
I’m sure you did great. Off topic so feel free to delete but do you know if there’s a thread for N5 french answers?

Thanks, sure you done great as well :thumbsup:. And I'm not so sure there is one for the reading, but someone called "elenitzemos" posted the answers to the listening in the National 5 French 2018/2019 thread; I got 15/20 judging by her answers. I could always go into school and ask for some leftover past papers (going to do that when all my exams are finished, and work through them properly; come up with a very precise marking scheme for every subject and post it; my speciality is computing science and maths lol).
Ah ok.... thanks so much :smile:))) I’ll have a look.
Reply 36
Ah ok.... thanks so much :smile:))) I’ll have a look.

If I remember correctly, it was on the fifth or sixth page (save you having to check every page) :smile:.
Live and learn, I’ve got over 95% in all my physics tests this year I’m hoping for an A but cheeks crossed x
Original post by Strelzo
Cheers, but sorry if I sound a little cocky. I really do put the effort into all my subjects, (everyday since April 10th to May 15th(so far) I have sat down for 10 hours and studied, to the point where I've memorised the definitions and long paragraphs off by heart, that's why I expect nothing less than an A) but I misjudged my time. Again, sorry for sounding so cocky, but I can't really express myself in any other way when discussing this. I'm just really frustrated; can't believe I got the time's mixed up, but at least I'll know to double-check in the future.

It's over here :smile:
Hi Labrador how did you find the physics exam x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending