The Student Room Group

Chemistry help needed!!

Just double checking,
In a chemical reaction, if more bonds are broken than new bonds are made, is this a endothermic reaction?
And then, in a chemical reaction where more bonds are made than broken, is this a exothermic reaction?
Just remember MEXBEND. Making exothermic...Breaking endothermic
Original post by Juliakinga
Just double checking,
In a chemical reaction, if more bonds are broken than new bonds are made, is this a endothermic reaction?
And then, in a chemical reaction where more bonds are made than broken, is this a exothermic reaction?
Reply 2
Ah okay, thank you so much!

Original post by Rocky Handsome
Reply 3
Original post by Rocky Handsome

Neat.
My pleasure
Ah okay, thank you so much!
Reply 5
watch freesciencelessons on that part on youtube the guy is really good at explaining it in a simple way
WHO DOES OCR SCIENCE?? any idea on whats coming up
Original post by jayt.03
watch freesciencelessons on that part on youtube the guy is really good at explaining it in a simple way
Reply 7
if you do ocr check the exam specification only for paper 1, that is whats going to come up tommorow, you can revise paper 2 after

Original post by koolkid10188
Just double checking,

It's not about the number of bonds broken and made.

Just calculate the overall energy change = {sum of energy released from all new bonds made} - {sum of energy required to break all the bonds that were broken]
If you gained more energy than you used, the reaction is exothermic.
If you required more energy than you gained the reaction is endothermic.
any of you have an idea what will come up?
Reply 10

do you do triple? if you do, my teacher predicted that

the titration calculation
bonding types
nanoparticles
electrolysis
comparing molecular models (so like ball and stick model and displayed formula etc.)
dot and cross diagrams
chromatography

all have a high chance of coming up. she predicted a lot of topics that came up in the bio triple paper correctly so i'm clinging onto this^
even my teacher did..and the soluble and insoluble salts
Original post by anexeqa
do you do triple? if you do, my teacher predicted that

the titration calculation
bonding types
nanoparticles
electrolysis
comparing molecular models (so like ball and stick model and displayed formula etc.)
dot and cross diagrams
chromatography

all have a high chance of coming up. she predicted a lot of topics that came up in the bio triple paper correctly so i'm clinging onto this^
no i do combined but thanks anyways.. what college/sixth form y'all planning to go
no i do combined but thanks anyways.. what college/sixth form y'all planning to go

in cambridge
Is this an Alevel Chemistry thread??

When are the OCR Chemistry exams?

Quick Reply

Latest