The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

today was okay uno poetry was **** tho who knew war would cm up AGAIN
At an estimate, which grade would this reference to the bible and the overall link to the theme of religion get in this Macbeth exam:

In Macbeth, Shakespeare constantly uses the theme of religion, primarily to frighten the Jacobean audience of the time. Macduff calls Macbeth a "hell-hound" which could suggest that Macbeth is a violent "hound" simply killing because of a desperate blood lust. On the other hand, this could also suggest that Macbeth is destined to go to "hell" which contrasts with Macbeth saying "plead like angels" when about to kill Duncan. The use of the word "angels" implies that Duncan is going to heaven as he was a great King and widely respected across the country. However, this foreshadows that Macbeth must go to hell as he has disturbed the great chain of being and therefore must be punished by God. Shakespeare includes this detail because it represents how Macbeth's violence has led him to a disastrous death, reflecting what would happen if a Jacobean audience plotted the same murder of King James I as the majority of people at the time opposed him. In the bible, it says "whoever conceals their sins does not prosper" which links directly to Macbeth's situation as he himself has "concealed" his sins and he has nothing to show for it, only death. Of course, a reader of the time would most likely recognise this link because many people then were strongly religious and to therefore to question this link would be to question God himself. This would have been considered a great fear of many in that time.

(roughly what I wrote for one point)
No it was how is Macbeth a violent character or something like that
Original post by Divahar123
was the question this year for macbeth aqa how far you agreed
The question was a mixture of both of what you said. It was how far does Shakespeare present Macbeth as a violent character

Original post by Pandasandrabbits
No it was how is Macbeth a violent character or something like that
err... Poetry?
Original post by Maria23456789
today was okay uno poetry was **** tho who knew war would cm up AGAIN
Romeo and Juliet was about how does Shakespeare present the relationship between Romeo and Juliet.
The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde was about how does Stevenson present My Hyde as an inhuman and disturbing member of society.
I don't want to say "good", but good hahah. Not so alone!
If it helps , a few of my friends f***ed p&p up too, but everyone was saying Christmas carol was so easy, I'm worried about grade boundries. BS question for P&P.
Original post by Purplebottle
Same, my p&p question was just a mess i really didn’t answer it properly I’m so worried
I feel like people who are willing to talk about how they did are disproportionately good at that subject XD
Original post by Emsygirl28
I don't want to say "good", but good hahah. Not so alone!
If it helps , a few of my friends f***ed p&p up too, but everyone was saying Christmas carol was so easy, I'm worried about grade boundries. BS question for P&P.
Original post by angela_12
You'll still probs get plenty of marks :console:

😀😜
Guys I’m so upset , for the Macbeth aqa one , the captain extract confused me so much and I used “worthy of a rebel” , thinking it was about Macbeth. I only wrote 3 long paras and the other 2 were play as a whole , so I literally am gonna completely fail on it because the quote was about that other guy :frown:
guys whos ready for chemistry tomorrow
No, you're okay! In a way Macbeth was a rebel, maybe that will earn you something.
And you've still got two other paragraphs to score some marks!

Besides, the essay is only 20% of your grade. In the end it's not too much.
Original post by Carmen..t
Guys I’m so upset , for the Macbeth aqa one , the captain extract confused me so much and I used “worthy of a rebel” , thinking it was about Macbeth. I only wrote 3 long paras and the other 2 were play as a whole , so I literally am gonna completely fail on it because the quote was about that other guy :frown:
Original post by Purplebottle
Same, my p&p question was just a mess i really didn’t answer it properly I’m so worried

The question was hard to answer generally
i am having Macbeth and Christmas Carol exam on mid June.....Do u guys any prediction of what might be the question about or any types that can help me for the revision.:smile::smile:
anyone talk a little about how he is not as violent as he seems but he becomes paranoid by the repercussions of his actions and becomes guilty?
I'm really worried, coz I did talk about him as violent but also not that violent :frown:
That’s what you’re meant to do as it says ‘explore how far he is presented as a violent character’ so the examiner will want both sides of the argument where he is seen as violent and where he isn’t seen as violent
Original post by MariamGEEK
I'm really worried, coz I did talk about him as violent but also not that violent :frown:
oh ok, but then I feel that I was contradicting myself at times, or what if I haven't explained my views that well? I really wanted it to go well, but now I feel like Ive disappointed myself, my teachers and my parents waaaaaaaahhhhhh. oh well.
Original post by rioclarke123
That’s what you’re meant to do as it says ‘explore how far he is presented as a violent character’ so the examiner will want both sides of the argument where he is seen as violent and where he isn’t seen as violent
did anyone else do 'shook the very fortress of identity' for jekyll and hyde and what did u say about it
Ahh same! I revised so many complex themes so finding out that it was on the treatment of male characters was quite underwhelming :/
Original post by izzym026
I did Jane Eyre. It was so annoying. I revised the harder and wider themes to get a question about the male characters. I was writing for like 30 minutes to realize i have barely talked about methods and am basically retelling the story. I just wrote about how she wants to be equal to the males and focused most on Rochester and their dynamics which may have not been the best.. I hope my macbeth essay makes up for it though

Latest

Trending

Trending