The Student Room Group

“Marine platforms”

I was just looking through a past paper (2018) mark scheme and came across the term “marine platform”, I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me with what this? I’m under the impression it’s a wave cut platform however I’m unsure. Also, is this a common term for anyone? I’ve never heard of this before.
marine platforms are formed on emergent coastlines. they are quite large and sloping.
yes i suppose it's pretty much a wave cut platform where high energy destructive waves carve into the platform and when the waves' influence is removed due to sea level fall/rise then the landforms are left behind (land is higher than the waves).

for some reason it's really difficult to find online?? its like a raised beach/wave cut platform which I only found through seneca because a guy in my class told me it doesn't exist even though I guess it does exist just has a fancy 'marine' to the title.
Reply 2
Okay, I appreciate that response, thank you. And yes it was difficult to find online hence why I had to ask here. So I’m guessing you only did ria’s, fjords and fjards and dalmation coasts as your emergence landforms?
Original post by PureHeroine
marine platforms are formed on emergent coastlines. they are quite large and sloping.
yes i suppose it's pretty much a wave cut platform where high energy destructive waves carve into the platform and when the waves' influence is removed due to sea level fall/rise then the landforms are left behind (land is higher than the waves).

for some reason it's really difficult to find online?? its like a raised beach/wave cut platform which I only found through seneca because a guy in my class told me it doesn't exist even though I guess it does exist just has a fancy 'marine' to the title.
Original post by DallasJ21
Okay, I appreciate that response, thank you. And yes it was difficult to find online hence why I had to ask here. So I’m guessing you only did ria’s, fjords and fjards and dalmation coasts as your emergence landforms?

for emergent i studied raised beaches, marine platforms and relic cliffs
for submergent i learnt rias, fjords and dalmation coasts :smile:
Reply 4
Yeah I did all but marine platforms. Also I meant submergece landforms not emergence landforms lmao, my bad.
Original post by PureHeroine
for emergent i studied raised beaches, marine platforms and relic cliffs
for submergent i learnt rias, fjords and dalmation coasts :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending