The Student Room Group

English literature paper 1 : how many paragraphs??

(Dr Jekyll and mr Hyde/Romeo and Juliet)

Some of my friends say that in their essay responses they did about 7-8 paragraphs??
I only did 5-6 including my introduction and conclusion is that something to be worried about?
Reply 1
I ended up writing up to Page 10 in the answer booklet... but it is nothing to worry about. The content is all that matters, granted it is well-thought out. My teacher says that an introduction, 3-4 paragraphs in between and maybe a conclusion can you get a good grade.

So don’t compare to your friends! You’ve probably done brilliant :smile:
5 paragraphs in Macbeth
4 paragraphs in ACC
and they were all BAD.

i hope i atleast get a grade 5 in english lit and lang but i dont think i will
I wrote up to the halfway point in the booklet exactly...My Macbeth was way longer than Jekyll & Hyde though which can't be good :/
Reply 4
Thanks ☺️ Would a grade 7 be achieavable?
Original post by Wonyo
I ended up writing up to Page 10 in the answer booklet... but it is nothing to worry about. The content is all that matters, granted it is well-thought out. My teacher says that an introduction, 3-4 paragraphs in between and maybe a conclusion can you get a good grade.

So don’t compare to your friends! You’ve probably done brilliant :smile:
Original post by SansaStark#queen
5 paragraphs in Macbeth
4 paragraphs in ACC
and they were all BAD.

i hope i atleast get a grade 5 in english lit and lang but i dont think i will

Lmao is it bad i only wrote three paragraphs for each
I did 8 and a half pages. But this is the risk- I used decent vocab and explanations is SOME places but the rest was purely full of **** I swear to you when I was coming into the exam my mindset told me its quantity OVER quality.
I did that much too. It shouldn't be too bad as long as you remembered to add quotes and add context.
Original post by xxBANECHANxx

Macbeth/Jekyll and Hyde
(edited 4 years ago)
Same, and mine weren’t even linked...

Macbeth/J&H
Oh Thank God. I added quotes and contexts but for like each paragraph i added multiple quotes from different sections of the book i was studying to back up my point, is that allowed?
Original post by ShahaanAhmed
I did that much too. It shouldn't be too bad as long as you remembered to add quotes and add context.

Macbeth/Jekyll and Hyde
Damn same, i didnt quite realise it said to what extent/how far, so i didnt really link the paragraphs together just explained my point instead
Original post by MoonSponge
Same, and mine weren’t even linked...

Macbeth/J&H
Reply 11

I did similar amount but adding intro and conclusion
Reply 12
Yeh I think that’s good because you used a wide range and explained them
Oh Thank God. I added quotes and contexts but for like each paragraph i added multiple quotes from different sections of the book i was studying to back up my point, is that allowed?
I wrote 3 long paragraphs for Jekyll and Hyde and Macbeth. (6 detailed paragraphs in total) I only done 3 pages and a quarter, the paragraphs must be very small to fit in 8 paragraphs for each question. That's 16 paragraphs in total, doubt they were big paragraphs, probably each one 5-6 line long lol. Remember, it's quality over quantity, the minimum that is required is 3 paragraphs.
Reply 14
Oh thanks that makes sense
Original post by simoncowell
I wrote 3 long paragraphs for Jekyll and Hyde and Macbeth. (6 detailed paragraphs in total) I only done 3 pages and a quarter, the paragraphs must be very small to fit in 8 paragraphs for each question. That's 16 paragraphs in total, doubt they were big paragraphs, probably each one 5-6 line long lol. Remember, it's quality over quantity, the minimum that is required is 3 paragraphs.
Original post by Eviegen
I did similar amount but adding intro and conclusion

I was going to do a conclusion but i didnt have enough time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending