The Student Room Group

I got all 9s and A*s in my GCSEs, ask me anything!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by yungk1m
I scraaaaaped the 9. My school gave me a pack with everything we need to know for the exam, every equation to learn etc and I went through it the night before, until like 4am loool

My advice is to do as many past papers as possible. The hardest past papers you can find, and note down the areas you find hardest. Then just focus on those areas.

omggg if u still have the sheet with equations on or if u remember pls send them !!
How to get a 9 in combined science? By the way I’m doing AQA
Original post by yungk1m
It depends on the subject!
You can defo revise science the day before and still do well, granted you revise everything and do past papers too. A lot of my science revision was just me flipping through flashcards the day before, doing past papers, learning what I got wrong, then going through the flashcards again the morning of my exam.
I also revised French the day before, which honestly was barely any revision, it was just going through grammar.
For subjects like History, RS, Geo and English, i.e. essay subjects, I would try to revise a few days before if you haven't done so already. You can't learn that much content in one night.
Original post by yungk1m
I did all my revision in tables.
Each table was a theme, and my columns from left to right were:
Point (a short statement deriving from the theme), Evidence (a quote), Technique (literary device), Analysis (what the quote means), and Link (linking back to the theme/potential question)
This is called PETAL, it's how I structure my paragraphs and how I therefore structured my revision.
Learn quotes on quizlet. I would put a quote, for example, "Reader, I married him" on the back side and then a key word on the front, such as "married". I'd be prompted by the key word and then I'd type in the rest of the quote :smile:

Thankyou!!
Original post by yungk1m
It depends on the subject!
You can defo revise science the day before and still do well, granted you revise everything and do past papers too. A lot of my science revision was just me flipping through flashcards the day before, doing past papers, learning what I got wrong, then going through the flashcards again the morning of my exam.
I also revised French the day before, which honestly was barely any revision, it was just going through grammar.
For subjects like History, RS, Geo and English, i.e. essay subjects, I would try to revise a few days before if you haven't done so already. You can't learn that much content in one night.

literally just what I wanted to hear before my chemistry exam tomorrow!🤣
Reply 24
Original post by yungk1m
I feel like procrastinating... ask me anything about GCSEs, revision, how A-levels are going and anything else you can think of!

My subjects were:
English lit AQA
English lang CIE
Maths Edexcel
Double Science Edexcel
French CIE
RS AQA
Fine Art Edexcel
History Edexcel
Drama AQA

Omg first of all that is freaking amazing ! How did u write your essays for lit paper 2 and how did u revise your poems
Original post by yungk1m
nah I don't think I failed any...

not fail, but as in did you think you would get an 8 for any of the subjects after u did the exam
im struggling with chemistry so much help me with that xx
Reply 27
Original post by GL0B3Y
how did u get all 9s and then get all A* in A-Level, only current year 12s did 9-1 meaning u either got all A*, or ur BSing about even having A-Levels completed

I meant that some of my GCSEs were still in letter grades. That is, history, French and Eng Lang x
Reply 28
Original post by Notprepared
How to get a 9 in combined science? By the way I’m doing AQA

I did edexcel, but as long as you stick to the spec religiously you'll know everything you need to know. And past papers are god!
Reply 29
Original post by Ge.L
Omg first of all that is freaking amazing ! How did u write your essays for lit paper 2 and how did u revise your poems

https://quizlet.com/kimizs/folders/poetry-power-and-conflict/sets

QUIZLET!!! I learned all the quotes and I also made a sheet with the quotes on one side and their meanings on the other. Also, pair up poems and do some practice essays to see how they compare.

For your modern text, your answer can be super straight forward. Use the PETAL technique (point, evidence, technique, analysis, and link
if you had a stunningly attractive sister of the same age who asked if you wanted sex, would you go for it?

And congrats on your grades now you’ve just gotta keep it up for about 5 years lol
Reply 31
Original post by 100yoMAGApede
if you had a stunningly attractive sister of the same age who asked if you wanted sex, would you go for it?

And congrats on your grades now you’ve just gotta keep it up for about 5 years lol

rahhhhhh

sweet home alabama

the answer is no, and i'm a girl
Original post by yungk1m
rahhhhhh

sweet home alabama

the answer is no, and i'm a girl

Fair enough, what about a brother?

Who in there right mind would ever have sex with their sibling why would even ask that🤦*♀️
Original post by sanyaali_
Who in there right mind would ever have sex with their sibling why would even ask that🤦*♀️

You said AMA? Did you really just want to get comps on your grades and answer generic revision questions? I’ve got A*A*A* at a level and have tried ****ing my cousin before.
Reply 35
You said AMA? Did you really just want to get comps on your grades and answer generic revision questions? I’ve got A*A*A* at a level and have tried ****ing my cousin before.

"tried?" what happened
Original post by Elosant
"tried?" what happened

We were walking, chatting her up, slapped her arse, tried making out with her when we were alone and shot down. Happened a few weeks ago.
Reply 37
We were walking, chatting her up, slapped her arse, tried making out with her when we were alone and shot down. Happened a few weeks ago.

i mean i DID say AMA, but ur dun out ere w that Q looool
Reply 38

disgustang
allow answer my question cos i feel like i ****ed up my german now.
did u feel like u did badly or like you think you would get an 8 or a 7 but then ended up just getting a 9
Original post by yungk1m
disgustang

Quick Reply

Latest