The Student Room Group

Ocr A level law Paper 3 17th June 2019 Exam Discussion

This poll is closed

Ocr a level law

I SMASHED IT 15%
MEH IT WAS OK37%
I AM ABSOLUTELY SCREWED48%
Total votes: 75
how's everyone finding a level law and does anyone have any predictions of what may come up in any of the papers?

Scroll to see replies

Finding it impossible to memorize all the content and evaluations.

And I think its impossible to predict as its the 1st year its being sat

Keeping fingers crossed for those blue grade boundaries
Yeah prediction wise is very difficult, I suppose you can use the speciman’s and try to eliminate certain topics that way. And evaluations wise, a lot of them you can make up based upon the A01 knowledge, ensure you know the A01 and the evaluation will likely come with that.
Original post by Becca_67
Finding it impossible to memorize all the content and evaluations.

And I think its impossible to predict as its the 1st year its being sat

Keeping fingers crossed for those blue grade boundaries
Original post by DallasJ21
Yeah prediction wise is very difficult, I suppose you can use the speciman’s and try to eliminate certain topics that way. And evaluations wise, a lot of them you can make up based upon the A01 knowledge, ensure you know the A01 and the evaluation will likely come with that.

I’m literally finding memorising section A so hard and don’t even get me started on paper 1 section b
Section A? Section A is only 25% of the paper, you need to concentrate on section B mostly. For the 15 mark evaluation question in section A you should be able to answer those with little revision just from your knowledge of the law. And for section B (crime) i’d advise essay plans and practice questions, practice, practice, practice.
Original post by luqman12673863
I’m literally finding memorising section A so hard and don’t even get me started on paper 1 section b
Section A? Section A is only 25% of the paper, you need to concentrate on section B mostly. For the 15 mark evaluation question in section A you should be able to answer those with little revision just from your knowledge of the law. And for section B (crime) i’d advise essay plans and practice questions, practice, practice, practice.

Yeah I agree I just hope they aren’t harsh
Reply 6
what is the average grades like at your colleges cause an A/A* is extremely rare at mine
Original post by hvjv
what is the average grades like at your colleges cause an A/A* is extremely rare at mine

They don’t know because it’s a new spec
The AS exams gave 63% as an A!
Original post by hvjv
A/A* isn’t common at any college/sixth form in the country unless it’s like a top 1% sixth form lmao, most people in my sixth form are at C/D level
Original post by hvjv
Reply 10
that's true, wa just asking because legit a lot of people have dropped out of law and most people get U's and E'S
A/A* isn’t common at any college/sixth form in the country unless it’s like a top 1% sixth form lmao, most people in my sixth form are at C/D level
Ours is the same. There is 2 of us working at As and the rest are all at Us or Es
Original post by hvjv
that's true, wa just asking because legit a lot of people have dropped out of law and most people get U's and E'S
Yeah that’s the same, I’m the only one working at an A in my class then there’s is a couple B/C’s and the rest are significantly lower.
Ours is the same. There is 2 of us working at As and the rest are all at Us or Es
Yeah that’s the same, I’m the only one working at an A in my class then there’s is a couple B/C’s and the rest are significantly lower.

Same with mines and that’s just topic tests never mind the real thing where you’ve got to learn everything including cases
Reply 14
I doubt the grade boundaries for us will be that lenient
The AS exams gave 63% as an A!
Reply 15

how do you revise for law and learning content, and how many hours of law do you do each day
Just the creation of essay plans and practice essays really, and I don’t have a certain amount I do a day really, it’s just whatever I chose to do on that time period, in a week probably about 8-10 hours. Just make sure you know your A01 and you’ll do well.
Original post by hvjv
how do you revise for law and learning content, and how many hours of law do you do each day
Has anyone got any reforms for consent ?
Anyone know how to answer nature of law questions we got one today on balancing conflciting interests and have no idea how to answer them at all
Reply 19
law commission consultation paper no.139 of 1995 discussed whether an objective element should be added in cases of mistaken consent so that It would only be a defence if a) it would not have been obvious to a reasonable person in his or her position that the other person did not consent, or b) he or she was not capable of appreciating that the other person did not consent.
Has anyone got any reforms for consent ?

Quick Reply

Latest