The Student Room Group

A level withdrawl

I am going to resit my a level history exam next week but I want to withdraw from that exam and keep my previous grade and have that sent to my university choices as I don't think I will do as well as last year. So is it possible for me to not have to take that exam and keep my previous qualification and will that be sent to the universities that I applied to?

what happens to my previous qualification if I resit the linear exams again?
Original post by Quib
I am going to resit my a level history exam next week but I want to withdraw from that exam and keep my previous grade and have that sent to my university choices as I don't think I will do as well as last year. So is it possible for me to not have to take that exam and keep my previous qualification and will that be sent to the universities that I applied to?

what happens to my previous qualification if I resit the linear exams again?

If you already have a grade your universities should already know it.
If you decide to withdraw from the resit you need to update ucas and then let your potential universities know. Be aware that they can withdraw your offer if you do this.
You don’t ever lose the grade you have already been awarded if you resit. You would however have to inform universities of all past results as well as your intention to retake.
Reply 2
The grade that I was awarded is the same grade they want anyway so I think it would be less stress if I just don't take that exam again since they want the exact same grade that I already have. So do you think I still might loose the offer?
Original post by Quib
The grade that I was awarded is the same grade they want anyway so I think it would be less stress if I just don't take that exam again since they want the exact same grade that I already have. So do you think I still might loose the offer?

It’s very unlikely but it would still be wise to check before making a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest