The Student Room Group

question for boys: smart girls

Scroll to see replies

Smart girls are the sexiest of the bunch
Reply 21
Original post by student-talk
x

Because until 46 days ago, I was strictly a student.

Smart people disagree with me all the time, so no that's not what I am saying. I can't think of much more dull than someone that thinks exactly like I do. But if a potential partner has an inability to understand—or worse, are uninterested in even trying—then I'm gonna think they are dense and we aren't going to be spending much time together.

Been there before, plenty of times, and it makes for hard work. You being a teenager means that you aren't yet in a position to second guess my experience in romantic relationships. I'm not saying all of your opinions are invalid because of your age, I'm saying that you likely do not understand the change in priorities because you have not yet experienced the issues to which I am referring. Until you have tried to make a go of things with someone that is uninterested in or unable to understand the intellectual pursuits that occupy the lion's share of your life, you do not understand how much strain that places on a relationship. This is why someone I might potentially shack up with having smarts is important to me.

So no, I'm not 'judging them by the fact they can't do maths', I am making a judgement on what I want and need out of a relationship, and that you certainly are not in a position to question.
Tbh you did not really clarify that in your first message thing so did not really know that, also as I have said three times now I was on another chat and got muddled up so though you were talking about academic intelligence hense the maths thing. Also how do you know how old I am, and I was not undermining your experience, I was just saying in general. I also I agree with you but see it in a different way to how you do. How can you tell what I have an haven't experienced I am a stranger.
Original post by gjd800
Because until 46 days ago, I was strictly a student.

Smart people disagree with me all the time, so no that's not what I am saying. I can't think of much more dull than someone that thinks exactly like I do. But if a potential partner has an inability to understand—or worse, are uninterested in even trying—then I'm gonna think they are dense and we aren't going to be spending much time together.

Been there before, plenty of times, and it makes for hard work. You being a teenager means that you aren't yet in a position to second guess my experience in romantic relationships. I'm not saying all of your opinions are invalid because of your age, I'm saying that you likely do not understand the change in priorities because you have not yet experienced the issues to which I am referring. Until you have tried to make a go of things with someone that is uninterested in or unable to understand the intellectual pursuits that occupy the lion's share of your life, you do not understand how much strain that places on a relationship. This is why someone I might potentially shack up with having smarts is important to me.

So no, I'm not 'judging them by the fact they can't do maths', I am making a judgement on what I want and need out of a relationship, and that you certainly are not in a position to question.
Reply 23
Original post by student-talk
Tbh you did not really clarify that in your first message thing so did not really know that, also as I have said three times now I was on another chat and got muddled up so though you were talking about academic intelligence hense the maths thing. Also how do you know how old I am, and I was not undermining your experience, I was just saying in general. I also I agree with you but see it in a different way to how you do. How can you tell what I have an haven't experienced I am a stranger.

You posted a short while back about looking for colleges at which to do A-Levels, doesn't take a genius.

If you had experienced it, you wouldn't have gone weird about the reply. Dead simple.
So let me get this straight you went and looked down my post history to find my age. I don't agree with u but oh well, we'll have to agree with disagree like civil people so goodbye.
Original post by gjd800
You posted a short while back about looking for colleges at which to do A-Levels, doesn't take a genius.

If you had experienced it, you wouldn't have gone weird about the reply. Dead simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending