The Student Room Group

Fear of failing my GCSE'S

It's like during the exam I'm totally fine and complete the papers in time but when I leave the exam hall, I can't help but get thoughts like "what if everything I answered was wrong?" Or "what if everything I wrote made 0 sense?"

This is one of the reasons I'm so stressed about my exams and results day.

Any advice?... 😭
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
I think many people share these thoughts because schools put pupils under so much stress about GCSE's being the only thing in the world that matters.This is untrue and unproductive.
You sound like you are doing fine to me and at the and of the day you can only do your best and that is good enough.Now get off line and get some sleep.
Original post by Unknown883777
It's like during the exam I'm totally fine and complete the papers in time but when I leave the exam hall, I can't help but get thoughts like "what if everything I answered was wrong?" Or "what if everything I wrote made 0 sense?"

Any advice?... 😭
Reply 2
Honestly mate, don’t worry about GCSEs I never revised for mine and I never paid attention in class I still passed them chances are if you’ve revised and payed attention you’ll get like a 6 or something higher and don’t worry if you even fail them because you can retake them at college or in six form at school it will just take another year to get the qualifications you want, it sounds strange but you should really be focusing on your option subjects as you cannot retake them. English, maths and science are something you are able to retake until you pass so worry about them less.
Original post by Unknown883777

Any advice?... 😭
Reply 3
It is quite normal to have those thoughts. Just recognise you've done your best and cross fingers you'll get some good grades in August.

Also remember you do have a resit option if everything goes pear shaped. Even if you don't resit straight away, adult education colleges do a lot of GCSEs now, so you can resit as a mature student.

There are lots and lots of options these days, so do your best, keep up the good work and blast those grades.
Really appreciate it guys, thank youuu
I'll try to stop worrying so much about them and just try my best

Quick Reply

Latest