The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham Trent University (NTU) Postgraduate Applicants 2019

Hi everyone, are you thinking about a postgraduate or research degree?

This is a thread for all Nottingham Trent postgraduate applicants.

Feel free to use this forum for any help or advice regarding your course, the application process and anything relating to postgraduate life.

Here's a few questions to get things started:

What course are you applying for?

Where else are you thinking of applying?

Are you interested in our virtual open day?

Also, any questions for Erin?

Best of luck with your applications!

Erin - NTU PG TSR Rep
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,

What course are you applying for? - Msc Human resource management (2yr) (got a conditional offer)

Where else are you thinking of applying? -Nope

Are you going to any open days? - Yes on June 11th

Also, any questions for Alice? - Regarding accommodation, would it be okay to wait until July to apply for accommodation . As i will only get my results in July then only my offer would be unconditional.

Thanks in advance
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, Recently, I applied for MSc Finance and Accounting. Is there any other curses where I can apply for?
Original post by minnuze
Hey,

What course are you applying for? - Msc Human resource management (2yr) (got a conditional offer)

Where else are you thinking of applying? -Nope

Are you going to any open days? - Yes on June 11th

Also, any questions for Alice? - Regarding accommodation, would it be okay to wait until July to apply for accommodation . As i will only get my results in July then only my offer would be unconditional.

Thanks in advance

Hi @minnuze

The Accommodation team advise that you book accommodation now even if your offer is Conditional as you fall under the guarantee as long as you firm us by 1st May and book by 31st May 2019. If you didn't meet the grades, you would get your £200 refunded and your accommodation would be cancelled.

Hope that helps :smile: any more questions feel free to give us a shout!

Alice - NTU Rep
Original post by mashair
Hi, Recently, I applied for MSc Finance and Accounting. Is there any other curses where I can apply for?

Hey @mashair

Are you looking for something else similar to MSc Finance and Accounting? Our other masters courses to do with Finance and Accounting include MSc Finance and MSc Finance and Investment Banking.

You can find all the course details on each of the pages, or feel free to ask any questions you have :smile:

Alice - NTU Rep
Hi,Course I've applied for - MSc Psychology in Clinical PracticeNot applied for anywhere else.Went to an open evening in January.Question - how long does it typically take to get a response to your MSc application? I know the course is quite competitive so will probably be a while, just wanted a rough time frame to work with so I can think about applying for full-time work for next year should my application be unsuccessful? Also, do you get a response if you have been rejected, or only contacted if your application is successful?
Hi, I'm just wondering how long it takes to hear back from my potential supervisors about whether I will get a place and to hear back from the NTU Studentship scheme 2019. I applied for a PhD in the School of Arts and Humanities. Thanks!
Going to be applying for the PT MA in Museum and Heritage Development, not looking anywhere else as I love Trent and am currently doing a BA in History, I already know some of the lecturers and spoken to them about the MA so I dont feel I need to go on an open day. One question I have is, is there anyone who can help me with some of the questions in the application portal, im sure im overthinking them but I need confirmation on some, would employability team go through this with me?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I'm just wondering how long it takes to hear back from my potential supervisors about whether I will get a place and to hear back from the NTU Studentship scheme 2019. I applied for a PhD in the School of Arts and Humanities. Thanks!

Hi there,

Have you heard back yet?

The Doctoral School received an unprecedented number of applications (over 900!), so it took longer than expected to get through them all. Please let me know if you haven't heard anything yet and i'll check with the Doctoral School.

Thanks, Alice
Original post by MedievalWitch
Going to be applying for the PT MA in Museum and Heritage Development, not looking anywhere else as I love Trent and am currently doing a BA in History, I already know some of the lecturers and spoken to them about the MA so I dont feel I need to go on an open day. One question I have is, is there anyone who can help me with some of the questions in the application portal, im sure im overthinking them but I need confirmation on some, would employability team go through this with me?

Hey!

It's lovely to hear that you've enjoyed your time at NTU so much :biggrin:

Your best bet would be to get in touch with admissions (I'll pop their details below). Or if you have any specific questions, I can ask for you?

Admissions:
[email protected]
+44(0)115 848 4200

Good luck with the rest of your BA :smile:

Alice
Original post by psych:student
Hi,Course I've applied for - MSc Psychology in Clinical PracticeNot applied for anywhere else.Went to an open evening in January.Question - how long does it typically take to get a response to your MSc application? I know the course is quite competitive so will probably be a while, just wanted a rough time frame to work with so I can think about applying for full-time work for next year should my application be unsuccessful? Also, do you get a response if you have been rejected, or only contacted if your application is successful?

Hello :smile:

Thanks for your message! Have you had a response to your application yet?

If you've submitted all the information needed, we'll try to make a decision within five to ten working days. This can take longer though, so you should allow at least three weeks for a decision. Please let me know if you haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks, Alice :h:
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hi there,

Have you heard back yet?

The Doctoral School received an unprecedented number of applications (over 900!), so it took longer than expected to get through them all. Please let me know if you haven't heard anything yet and i'll check with the Doctoral School.

Thanks, Alice

Hi Alice,

Yes, I've heard back from them earlier this week and I got the place. Thank you :smile:
Original post by Postgraduate study at NTU
Hi there,

Have you heard back yet?

Thanks, Alice

Greetings!
I too still haven't heard anything from the Doctoral School as of now. I applied for PhD in Pharmacy. Shall I assume that the ones not contacted till now have not been successful with their application?
Greetings!
I too still haven't heard anything from the Doctoral School as of now. I applied for PhD in Pharmacy. Shall I assume that the ones not contacted till now have not been successful with their application?

Hello :smile:

Please can you DM me your email address? I'll ask the Doctoral School to check and get in touch with you.

Thanks,

Alice - NTU Rep
Hi Alice,

Yes, I've heard back from them earlier this week and I got the place. Thank you :smile:

Congrats! :congrats::h:
Original post by Werka_Zal
I applied for Masters courses in History and Psychology, have received conditional offers for both and am leaning more towards Psychology. I haven't applied anywhere else. I'm going to the open day tomorrow.
I have just finished my degree in History at NTU and I just want to make sure that Psychology Masters students receive the 25% Alumni discount for sure? As it's promoted all over the MA History course but doesn't mention it at all on the MSc Psychology website even though Psychology is listed as an eligible course for the discount. Thanks in advance!

Hey!

Hope you enjoyed the Postgraduate Open Event! MSc Psychology is'nt on the excluded courses list so is eligible for the alumni discount.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Alice :h:
Hi Alice, I went to the MA post graduate event for MA Fashion Marketing. I submitted my application through the NTU portal a few days ago, do you know how long it should take to hear back a response and the likelihood there would still be a place? I love NTU and attended here to study my BA Business degree so wish to remain as a student here.Thank you kindly in advance! Danielle
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi, I am just going through the portal questions and am unsure of quite a few, wondered if anyone could help me. firstly, do they want gcse, as and a level results or just a level and degree. secondly, underneath that it asks for any relevant work or life experience - I have a few volunteer and placement experiences but I have mentioned these in my personal statement - am I to list them here as well? Thirdly, it asks for employment history but the only job I have been paid for was to be CERT Student mentor at NTU, do I include this here? oh and I did 4 shifts at a pub in my gap year, does this need putting in? When does it ask for references and would I need to include my statement/certificate of participation for a mooc I have mentioned in my personal statement in the my documents section?
Original post by daniellealexa33
Hi Alice, I went to the MA post graduate event for MA Fashion Marketing. I submitted my application through the NTU portal a few days ago, do you know how long it should take to hear back a response and the likelihood there would still be a place? I love NTU and attended here to study my BA Business degree so wish to remain as a student here.Thank you kindly in advance! Danielle

Hi @daniellealexa33

So glad you love it here too! :smile:

Normally application processing can take up to 14 working days, but that can vary slightly depending on how busy the admissions team are.

Hopefully you'll hear back soon, good luck!

Alice :h:
Original post by MedievalWitch
Hi, I am just going through the portal questions and am unsure of quite a few, wondered if anyone could help me. firstly, do they want gcse, as and a level results or just a level and degree. secondly, underneath that it asks for any relevant work or life experience - I have a few volunteer and placement experiences but I have mentioned these in my personal statement - am I to list them here as well? Thirdly, it asks for employment history but the only job I have been paid for was to be CERT Student mentor at NTU, do I include this here? oh and I did 4 shifts at a pub in my gap year, does this need putting in? When does it ask for references and would I need to include my statement/certificate of participation for a mooc I have mentioned in my personal statement in the my documents section?

Hi @MedievalWitch

It’s better to put in as much information as possible, including information you’ve already mentioned in your personal statement. Therefore, your work or life experience would definitely include any volunteering and work experience. For employment history it would be best to stick to CERT mentorship. If in doubt, include the information, as it makes it clear to us what you’ve already achieved and allows us to learn more about you. This includes attaching any documents you think would be useful. For your references, you'll need to ask your referee to email it to [email protected] when you submit your application.

Hope this helps :smile: give me a shout if you have any more questions!

Alice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending