I'm 12 and I'm 4'9

My dad's about 5'6

Scroll to see replies

Why aren't you at school?
Dude, where I'm from, now it's like 7:02pm
You will grow x
Really? :colondollar:
My best friend always calls me a tall midget. Haha
But my dad's planning to build up a chin up bar outside our house (he's a good engineer)
Do you think if I'm able to exercise like that, it'll help me?
Original post by Mariamwarsamexxx
You will grow x
I think if you eat really well (ie eat veg and drink milk), get enough vitamin D and exercise you will most definitely grow. Your 12, your currently going through puberty which means it’s a prime time for you to eat well and excessive so that you grow to your maximum potential!
Are complaining you are too short or too tall? :biggrin:
good point! I actually lack my eating. I don't each much, actually. Being a foodie's not me, especially when it comes to vegetables. But I'll do so anways!
I think if you eat really well (ie eat veg and drink milk), get enough vitamin D and exercise you will most definitely grow. Your 12, your currently going through puberty which means it’s a prime time for you to eat well and excessive so that you grow to your maximum potential!
When I was 12 I was on Runescape not TSR, go and enjoy your childhood
I'm complaining I'm too short. My friends are already at 5 foot and above. I'm the shortest of the group. Sometimes my friends tease me about my height, but on the inside, I'm not very happy.:u:
Original post by CuriosityYay
Are complaining you are too short or too tall? :biggrin:
Make sure you do! Now is the time when your bones are developing and growing.
Huh, okay. How tall are you, actually? In feet.
Make sure you do! Now is the time when your bones are developing and growing.
Original post by themajestic.raee
I'm complaining I'm too short. My friends are already at 5 foot and above. I'm the shortest of the group. Sometimes my friends tease me about my height, but on the inside, I'm not very happy.:u:

What's wrong with that height? 4'9" isn't a bad height for someone your age.
Well, I'm not complaining whatsoever. I'm just worried about my future height. I'm not expecting my adult height to be about 5'10 or something. I want myself to catch up with my friends heights. They're all 5'1, 2 and 3
Original post by Tootles
What's wrong with that height? 4'9" isn't a bad height for someone your age.
Well, I'm not complaining whatsoever. I'm just worried about my future height. I'm not expecting my adult height to be about 5'10 or something. I want myself to catch up with my friends heights. They're all 5'1, 2 and 3

Why be worried? At your age, you've probably got another six inches in you somewhere. Just eat properly and you'll be fine.
I'm planning to grow up to 5'7" when my growth spurt is done. Is it possible for that to happen if I do exercise? Sorry if I'm asking to much
Original post by Tootles
Why be worried? At your age, you've probably got another six inches in you somewhere. Just eat properly and you'll be fine.
My dad is 5’ 7. My brother was always small. Then over the course of 6 weeks he grew to 5’ 9. He’s no giant but he’s no longer small. He was 16 or 17 when it happened. Don’t lose hope yet.
My dad's about 5'6
Don’t lift any weights until you stop growing as weightlifting has been shown to reduce height if done in your early to mid teens. Just eat right and it will happen.
I'm planning to grow up to 5'7" when my growth spurt is done. Is it possible for that to happen if I do exercise? Sorry if I'm asking to much
Okay, then. But my dad says it always depends on genetics. My mom's side has tall guys, mostly her brothers. But she didn't get those genes. But my twin did, though I didn't, according to my dad. But genes don't always matter, yes?
Everyone in my family is smaller than my brother. But he ate lots during his growth spurt and I’ve been told that helps. Good nutrition or a multivitamin can’t do you any harm. Also, there are some studies that suggest the sun can help (obviously using san tan lotion to avoid skin cancer). But I wouldn’t worry. 4 11’ at your age is normal. Plus most movie stars are tiny so if nothing else you could become a Hollywood celebrity.

You will grow tho. I promise you will and then you’ll wonder why you ever worried about it.
Okay, then. But my dad says it always depends on genetics. My mom's side has tall guys, mostly her brothers. But she didn't get those genes. But my twin did, though I didn't, according to my dad. But genes don't always matter, yes?

Quick Reply

Latest