The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Talhawaseem02
I’m not sure - Muslim here.
I have been in your situation b4 but with a white girl. We both did like each other but we couldn’t go any further - advice I got from tsr etc. But that was a yr ago - at 15 so we were young. At your age (post college) if you are both Muslim I don’t see what’s wrong if there is a possible marriage in the future - cuz we need to start somewhere to find a partner.

Original post by Ruhab Dabeer
Hi everyone I got a little problem. I am a Sunni Muslim and I heavily respect Islam but there is a girl in my college who is also a Muslim and I really like her because she is a very nice person and her personality. I kinda have a crush on her but is this Haram to have a crush and I want to be her boyfriend though I plan to do this right after I end college.
But please help if this is Haram or anything or an advice to get close to her. In Islam it is essential to pass down knowledge so having a wife is essential.
My friend has a girlfriend who is also a Muslim and both of his parents and his gf's parents know they are together.
I don't want to be that lovey dovey or kissy guy
I just wanna be very close friends with her
So plz help!!!

maybe get to know her a little bit (keeping halal tho so no kissing etc) and if u get along and she is a potential partner for u , tell ur parents and if they agree u get married... have children etc. lmao
Okay I will focus on my exams to get good grades
What do you mean by third person though bhai?

Third person means that you dont go directly, you ask a mutual person to ask for you. If your college has an Islamic Society, ask the emir of it.
Original post by Anonymous
maybe get to know her a little bit (keeping halal tho so no kissing etc) and if u get along and she is a potential partner for u , tell ur parents and if they agree u get married... have children etc. lmao

I want to get married asap
Cuz Masturbation is a big problem for me
Sorry D:
Should I ask my parents before doing all of this
Because honestly this gives me chills up my bones
Is it alright that I am friends with her now and then later when I am about to leave college ask for her brother's details and tell her brother I am interested in her. Could you please tell me what would be the most logical approach to this
I feel too scared and shy to even tell anyone about this
Original post by Gold DInar
Third person means that you dont go directly, you ask a mutual person to ask for you. If your college has an Islamic Society, ask the emir of it.
Sorry D:

its good to hear that, may Allah bless you bro :smile:
Open your eyes and stop believing in lies. It's sad that your religion has made you so socially inept that you think this is how to get into a relationship.
I'm white and have a muslim girlfriend
Original post by nha.
You probably misunderstand the concept of Islam. Secondly, it’s based on your intentions. So if you’re planning to f around, then it isn’t a right thing to talk to her. But if you’re willing to go with a true relationship. It is all fine. Btw it isn’t right to sort things as haram or halal based on your mindset. If it’s like that. Then Muslims would never marry I guess.

exactly my point.. Islam is a basic concept where you follow the 5 pillars of islam with good intention.. These days people pick out words from the Qur'an and twist the meaning so that they can manipulate people into thinking in their mindset and this isn't really Islam.. Like nowadays, muslims with a BF/ GF will get judged by other parents saying it's Haram when they have no clue to how you take your relationship... Also, Islam is more divided... for example Wahabi's... Why do people put on a front for Islam and try to make it look like they know everything, when they clearly know they don't?
Original post by Zain_Ahmed
exactly my point.. Islam is a basic concept where you follow the 5 pillars of islam with good intention.. These days people pick out words from the Qur'an and twist the meaning so that they can manipulate people into thinking in their mindset and this isn't really Islam.. Like nowadays, muslims with a BF/ GF will get judged by other parents saying it's Haram when they have no clue to how you take your relationship... Also, Islam is more divided... for example Wahabi's... Why do people put on a front for Islam and try to make it look like they know everything, when they clearly know they don't?

Couldn’t agree more.
That’s why I stopped arguing with such people. Tbh I’m glad there are people who still understand the real Islam

yes Islam is a basic concept where you submit to Allah
there are clear hadith which talks about interaction with non mahram of the opposite gender
why do you use the term wahabbi and what is your definition of the term? what was so bad about the teachings of shaykh muhammad ibn abd al wahhab and the aimmah of najd?
Open your eyes and stop believing in lies. It's sad that your religion has made you so socially inept that you think this is how to get into a relationship.

No it is not my religion helps me to live my life in the most dearest way
It protects in sinful actions

So what is the most halal approach in my circumstances
Reply 72
Sorry D:

Be warned. This is not a good reason to get married.
No it is not my religion helps me to live my life in the most dearest way
It protects in sinful actions

"It protects against sinful actions" and yet you're thinking about getting married because of ****ing masturbation. Your religion has made you sick by holding back your human desires and it's disgusting
No not really It is actually helping me in a logical way.
I think they are actually some stuff that are too strict
But Mainly it protects me
Tho I wanna get married asap
and that's my desire.
So what is so sickening???
"It protects against sinful actions" and yet you're thinking about getting married because of ****ing masturbation. Your religion has made you sick by holding back your human desires and it's disgusting
Original post by mgi
Be warned. This is not a good reason to get married.

It is I saw it online from a scholar you know Dr Zafir Naik
I read his speech and it said get married if you have masturbation problems of which I do
It is I saw it online from a scholar you know Dr Zafir Naik
I read his speech and it said get married if you have masturbation problems of which I do

Are you dumb? You want to get married because you have masturbation problems.... People get married because they want to be with that person, not self benefit... A few days ago you said sexual actions are "disgusting" now you're telling us you have masturbation problems and follow some random Zafir Naik... Follow Islam not people..
Are you dumb? You want to get married because you have masturbation problems.... People get married because they want to be with that person, not self benefit... A few days ago you said sexual actions are "disgusting" now you're telling us you have masturbation problems and follow some random Zafir Naik... Follow Islam not people..

Sorry I meant Dr Zakir Naik.That guy is literally the best preacher in the world. I also want to be with that person because I also actually like her
also This will completely cure my masturbation problems. I do find it disgusting, don't think I enjoy doing all of this. This problem is uncrackable till I get married. Getting married will sort this annoying issue out and also my loneliness in life and I heavily respect and follow Islam. It is Ramadan Yes and I have controlled myself and I find it difficult. I don't like masturbating and I don't enjoy it. I may do in the outside but not in my heart and soul. I made this thread for a solution to all of this nonsense so
Could you please tell the most logical approach to getting the girlfriend?
Sorry I meant Dr Zakir Naik.That guy is literally the best preacher in the world. I also want to be with that person because I also actually like her
also This will completely cure my masturbation problems. I do find it disgusting, don't think I enjoy doing all of this. This problem is uncrackable till I get married. Getting married will sort this annoying issue out and also my loneliness in life and I heavily respect and follow Islam. It is Ramadan Yes and I have controlled myself and I find it difficult. I don't like masturbating and I don't enjoy it. I may do in the outside but not in my heart and soul. I made this thread for a solution to all of this nonsense so
Could you please tell the most logical approach to getting the girlfriend?

If you actually did some research (took me 2 seconds), Zakir Naik says Masturbation is allowed in islam, not in Ramadan, but normally... It isn't ideal but it is allowed.. You're just making this up as it was very easy to find. the most Logical way to telling your GF is just to tell her... idk how.. just tell the truth.. Of Course you enjoy it.. why else would you have the urge to do it?
You do know our Holy Prophet liked another woman too. He spent plenty of time doing business with her until he offered up his proposal to marry him. Having a crush or liking someone is not even close to haram, I'm really worried about your source of religious education because it's clearly giving you very wrong ideas.

Latest

Trending

Trending