The Student Room Group

I thought I moved on but still missing you??

I have a friend -guy friend- and you can say we are quite close until recently we kinda don't contact each other anymore but that doesn't mean we're not close right now (just saying). So i met him couple years ago and well the moment (actually it was few moments) i saw him, i felt like we clicked (seems exaggerates but its like you just know that moment).

So one day, i mustered up and told him i got a crush on him but dare i say rejected but i was fine with it (plus he was that time in a relationship so....) and we're get closer on the good side. So time goes and now we're just friends but i dunno...like i sometimes felt sad or whatever and miss him... not sure if its his accompany that i miss, or the jokes/teases, maybe the mature kind guy i know?

Well recently he told me he just broke up (me: oh okay) and i swear to god i was weirdly feel sad like my heart actually ache (i should be happy shouldn't i? But i was not)

And the whole point is that ive moved on according to my mind but my heart seems to say otherwise but im sure i did moved but i miss him, i really do but i can't seem to say it to him. Its damn confusing.
It's normal to sympathise with a friend when they go through a breakup. You seem to really care for him, beyond just finding him attractive, and that's lovely.
i have the same problem with one of my mates just find your feet and you will be fine xoxo
You've found your one. Not joke. I always remember this, when you love someone it means wanting them to be happy and it means giving and not being selfish. You've done that, you weren't selfish about his relationship even though he rejected you you still stayed on as his friend and that's just purely beautiful. When you find that person who just clicked with you, you can have such comfortable conversations with them and everything just feels right, there's no shame and you're always ready to listen then I promise it's real and you shouldn't ever let go.

You feel sad because you feel him, he might be upset over the breakup but you're not gloating over it you're feeling sad with him because you care. You haven't moved on when you miss him, just leave it be for 3-4 weeks if you're still thinking about him, still feeling the urge to text him and ask him how he is then you're definitely not over him. I suggest you support him as a friend for now and if it's meant to be you two might get somewhere:smile:

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by BROWNNEYEDBAKERR
i have the same problem with one of my mates just find your feet and you will be fine xoxo

So what or how did you handle it?
Reply 5
Original post by London090
You've found your one. Not joke. I always remember this, when you love someone it means wanting them to be happy and it means giving and not being selfish. You've done that, you weren't selfish about his relationship even though he rejected you you still stayed on as his friend and that's just purely beautiful. When you find that person who just clicked with you, you can have such comfortable conversations with them and everything just feels right, there's no shame and you're always ready to listen then I promise it's real and you shouldn't ever let go.

You feel sad because you feel him, he might be upset over the breakup but you're not gloating over it you're feeling sad with him because you care. You haven't moved on when you miss him, just leave it be for 3-4 weeks if you're still thinking about him, still feeling the urge to text him and ask him how he is then you're definitely not over him. I suggest you support him as a friend for now and if it's meant to be you two might get somewhere:smile:

Good luck!

Geez thanks a lot. I've read it over many times and i feel great. Its nice to have someone who understand me :")

i actually think i never did move on although me always saying i did lol. But I'll try. I can't lose him anymore (despite him pushing people out of his life unfortunately)
better love story than twilight
Original post by ctchannah

Not high praise
Original post by Anonymous
Geez thanks a lot. I've read it over many times and i feel great. Its nice to have someone who understand me :")

i actually think i never did move on although me always saying i did lol. But I'll try. I can't lose him anymore (despite him pushing people out of his life unfortunately)

You're welcome, I'm happy that it helped! I know what you're feeling💕

The people who push people out are always the challenging ones but for some reason that leaves us with all the more reason to want to stay if that makes sense...
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by ctchannah

HAHAHA funny, i laughed so hard but i really wish it was but its not :") maybe i can make sequel to twilight 😆
Original post by London090
You're welcome, I'm happy that it helped! I know what you're feeling💕

The people who push people out are always the challenging ones but for some reason that leaves us with all the more reason to want to stay if that makes sense...

Woohoooo feeling the loves 💓 hahahahah

You, my dear just said the EXACT SAME THINGS I SAID TO HIM 😫🙌 well almost the same but the meaning is the same 😂
Original post by Anonymous
Woohoooo feeling the loves 💓 hahahahah

You, my dear just said the EXACT SAME THINGS I SAID TO HIM 😫🙌 well almost the same but the meaning is the same 😂

Spread the love:smile:💕

Ahaha I know, there's always that one special person you're going to have to fight really hard for because they're going to be a pain in the butt and act like they don't need anybody. But when you know that you're always looking out for them, thinking about them and just all in all wanting the best for them then it's real!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending