The Student Room Group

Best Rapper?

lyrically, i think eminem. and just how good they sound live, i would say kanye west and i also love his rapping and his lyrics. kanye west songs make me laugh lol so basically i think kanye west is the best rapper and he can also sing a little bit. also i like the stories kanye west raps in his songs and he’s just wow.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Myka9
Original post by gjd800
Myka9

never heard of the chap!
My alter ego JDizzy
Reply 4
Original post by GodIsAWomann
never heard of the chap!

All the Goodlife era emcees blow people like Kanye out of the water.

Busdriver is another fave. Chali 2na moves a crowd like no other I've seen live, to be fair to him.
Joshua is best rapper
Original post by gjd800
All the Goodlife era emcees blow people like Kanye out of the water.

Busdriver is another fave. Chali 2na moves a crowd like no other I've seen live, to be fair to him.

ikr hes extremely underrated.

you should kanye live
Reply 7
ikr hes extremely underrated.

you should kanye live

If I could blag it relatively cheaply, I definitely would. Not paying 50 quid to see a lad when I like 1/5 tracks, though!
your gonna hate me but it must be said...machine gun kelly.

not the greatest of all time ofc but definitely one of the best rn.
Original post by gjd800
If I could blag it relatively cheaply, I definitely would. Not paying 50 quid to see a lad when I like 1/5 tracks, though!

which song is the one you like? it’s goldigger isn’t it? and what tickets are £50????? defo not kanye
Original post by bad bunny
your gonna hate me but it must be said...machine gun kelly.

not the greatest of all time ofc but definitely one of the best rn.

never heard any of his songs!
Reply 10
which song is the one you like? it’s goldigger isn’t it? and what tickets are £50????? defo not kanye

never heard any of his songs!

Tickets for his last gig were hovering around 54 quid. Not paying that for someone I barely like :laugh:

Unless you went to Glasto to see him, and I can't think of much worse than having to go to Glasto!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 11
In terms of lyricism I say Lupe Fiasco is ahead of most rappers, but Nas would always be the best to me imo. Others are MF Doom, Tech 9ine.

Mos Def, Vince Staples, Denzel Curry are some of the rappers I really enjoy seeing live since they dont play background track.

I'd say kanye is a better producer than a rapper.
Travis Scott, Jaden Smith, 88 glam, juice wrld. to name a few
eminem is garbage. its not me saying this, but looks at his last few albums.for rap, if you want good lyracism, good beats and catchy hooks, look no further that Beastie Boys. if you want a more chilled out yet more savage listening experience, then Wu-Tang Clan or Ghostface Killah, MF Doom (lord hail the real god) or even A Tribe Called Quest.modern day stuff however is quite scarce with how much utter garbage comes out. personally, Denzel Curry is killing it and is probably my favorite at the moment followed by Injury Reserve and then probably Vince Staples. ASAP Rocky and Ferg come closely behind.From the Old Old days id skip past all the NWA as they are only really famous for 3 songs. Biggie Smalls is up there as in opinion, i believe he is the greatest rapper of all time, however he isnt my favorite.The more cynical side of rap is probably Death Grips, who i dont believe most people would give a second chance, and JPEGMAFIA. ho99o9 is one of the most energetic groups and will explode your head. Danny Brown is my favourite of the industrial side with Aint it Funny being my fav rap track at the moment.its all dependant on what you want to listen to. if you want to stick with eminem thats cool. for who sounds best live, id probably have to say Death Grips. there is a lot of good rap that is out there but you just have to find it. in my opinion, i think that eminem has had his day and he is just beating himself into the ground. but its up to you. i believe there are much stronger rappers, like Denzel Curry.
Original post by kkboyk
In terms of lyricism I say Lupe Fiasco is ahead of most rappers, but Nas would always be the best to me imo. Others are MF Doom, Tech 9ine.

Mos Def, Vince Staples, Denzel Curry are some of the rappers I really enjoy seeing live since they dont play background track.

I'd say kanye is a better producer than a rapper.

ahhh, a man of culture
Original post by gjd800
Tickets for his last gig were hovering around 54 quid. Not paying that for someone I barely like :laugh:

Unless you went to Glasto to see him, and I can't think of much worse than having to go to Glasto!

omggg i’m definitely going even tho i like only 4 songs of him. but it’s his voice that’s good and he sings live very well! eminem can’t do that for ****

what’s wrong with glasto? all the OG’s come to london but i guess it’s gonna be cheaper
Reply 16
omggg i’m definitely going even tho i like only 4 songs of him. but it’s his voice that’s good and he sings live very well! eminem can’t do that for ****

what’s wrong with glasto? all the OG’s come to london but i guess it’s gonna be cheaper

Glasto is a middle class hippie circlejerk, not for me.
Original post by No Love Deep Web
eminem is garbage. its not me saying this, but looks at his last few albums.for rap, if you want good lyracism, good beats and catchy hooks, look no further that Beastie Boys. if you want a more chilled out yet more savage listening experience, then Wu-Tang Clan or Ghostface Killah, MF Doom (lord hail the real god) or even A Tribe Called Quest.modern day stuff however is quite scarce with how much utter garbage comes out. personally, Denzel Curry is killing it and is probably my favorite at the moment followed by Injury Reserve and then probably Vince Staples. ASAP Rocky and Ferg come closely behind.From the Old Old days id skip past all the NWA as they are only really famous for 3 songs. Biggie Smalls is up there as in opinion, i believe he is the greatest rapper of all time, however he isnt my favorite.The more cynical side of rap is probably Death Grips, who i dont believe most people would give a second chance, and JPEGMAFIA. ho99o9 is one of the most energetic groups and will explode your head. Danny Brown is my favourite of the industrial side with Aint it Funny being my fav rap track at the moment.its all dependant on what you want to listen to. if you want to stick with eminem thats cool. for who sounds best live, id probably have to say Death Grips. there is a lot of good rap that is out there but you just have to find it. in my opinion, i think that eminem has had his day and he is just beating himself into the ground. but its up to you. i believe there are much stronger rappers, like Denzel Curry.

his lyrics in love the way you lie and no afraid is pretty good. but that’s it. don’t like how he sounds tbh. but you have to admit kanye west is a goat
Original post by gjd800
Glasto is a middle class hippie circlejerk, not for me.

who else that’s like well known would you pay to see live ? singers or rappers. that isn’t that genre you like
Reply 19
who else that’s like well known would you pay to see live ? singers or rappers. that isn’t that genre you like

I'd probably pay silly money to see Stevie Wonder.

Quick Reply

Latest