The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit Power and Conflict poetry prediction

Next week is the English lit Paper 2!!

any predictions on what power and conflict poem it will be?

Scroll to see replies

Storm on the island
Original post by KrispyCreme
Next week is the English lit Paper 2!!

any predictions on what power and conflict poem it will be?
Reply 2
I really want it to be war photographer
Reply 3
omg same there's a lot to say about it
Original post by sarahhhf
I really want it to be war photographer
I want it to be London
Reply 5
that would be good too, comparing it to ozymandias maybe
Original post by sonu2003
I want it to be London
Yh u could say many things about it such as the cruelty brought on by power, the corruption of power and arrogance brought by power
that would be good too, comparing it to ozymandias maybe
ppl are saying a conflict poem
Reply 8
and the abuse/misuse of power, such as the "chartered thames" and "chartered streets" its such a good one cuz its easy to remember as well l
Yh u could say many things about it such as the cruelty brought on by power, the corruption of power and arrogance brought by power
Reply 9
kinda want it to be a power one,,
Original post by sqrt of 5
ppl are saying a conflict poem
kinda want it to be a power one,,

Yh but it was to be a conflict one you could say the conflict between the opressed and the powerfull in London and the conflict between power of man and power of nature in Ozymandias i.e. how his power is destroyed by the power of nature "Shattered visage" which shows conflict between power of man and power of nature
Guys I think the poem is going to be the hardest one out there which is tissues!
Anyone show me any tricks on to at least getting a 7/8 in English lit! How detailed does my analysis have to be?!
Reply 13
USE MR SALLES' 5 key quotes on youtube ITS THE BEST XD
Original post by Ashprit
USE MR SALLES' 5 key quotes on youtube ITS THE BEST XD

Okayy thanks what grade did u get?
No, it can't be cause my teacher said that it has to be a poem that everyone in the country can understand including the ones with the low grades so it can't be tissue, I bet its gonna be poppies or remains this year
Original post by halsx11
Guys I think the poem is going to be the hardest one out there which is tissues!
No, it can't be cause my teacher said that it has to be a poem that everyone in the country can understand including the ones with the low grades so it can't be tissue, I bet its gonna be poppies or remains this year

Well tissues is one of the poems in the power and conflict so there is a chance it can come up and if it is the grade boundaries are going to be so low as this poem is a grade 9 poem! There is a chance of the nature and conflict poems!
remains or exposure hopefully
what were the questions for 2017 and 2018
I would be happy with Kamikaze or Poppies, maybe Exposure/Storm on the Island?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending