The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maahmed06
bacterial cell is definitely correct but is red blood cell right?

I would assume so, but mark schemes are evil so they might have wanted a specific ‘type’ rather than example of a cell
This is why I almost always put things like bacteria (prokaryote) you don’t understand how many times the bracket has saved me
Original post by 2002student
I would assume so, but mark schemes are evil so they might have wanted a specific ‘type’ rather than example of a cell
Original post by Ilikechicken123
This is why I almost always put things like bacteria (prokaryote) you don’t understand how many times the bracket has saved me

Ahhhhh I was thinking about putting the bracket but then I didn’t
Yea it’s getting annoying st this point I’m always putting a bracket just in case, like the chemistry paper today I said stuff like the positive electrode (anode) even tho I said anode the sentence before
Ahhhhh I was thinking about putting the bracket but then I didn’t
Original post by chhaaaa
is that the same as human tissues are different to their tissues

a more specific way of saying it, yes
not it said not to refer to hormones

Original post by ItZZ_ChAI
i thought it said not to refer to enzymes
If we're talking about the magnification question we had to measure the cell with our ruler. We should have gotten 2.4 but I got 2.3 (hopefully they accept that bc its close) then you divide by 10 bc cm into mm. So 24/0.06 which gives you 400. I got 389.something but hopefully they give brackets so maybe 360-450 is an acception.
Original post by Erevising45
What did everyone put for the monoclonal antibody question? I think I put something about how antibodies bind to molecules in the blood so they can be detected and destroyed.

put something about how the monoclonal antibodies will be specific to the tumour cells. you can bind a radiactive substance to the monoclonal antibodies, and the antibodies will be the complementary shape to the tumour cells so they will be attacked but not the normal body cells. not sure if its right though.
Reply 1728
7 or 8 depending on how you do on paper 2 but good job!
Original post by Kareenaranaaaaa
The cube one I didn’t know what to do on higher

what was the cube one tho
At my school, in the year I did my GCSEs, not many students wanted to do Triple Science so they didn’t offer it as an option. We were then forced to do double Science known as Combined Science in today’s world and then forced to do foundation instead of higher which I wanted to do.
(edited 4 years ago)

i wasnt sure if i had to write something like eukaryotic cell or an example
Original post by hem.xx
i wasnt sure if i had to write something like eukaryotic cell or an example

Yeah same, I ended up saying bacterial cell though, this was probably a mistake :frown:
Nah it said same i had my teqcher check today for me, both plans were together and were both moved as a group to the other destination
Original post by manav28
nah it said different places
Original post by Samuel J. Booker
Basic animal cell, labelled the ribosome and the mitochondria.

I swear it mentions a light microscope was used. So how can you identify that which were ribosomes and mitochondra
Original post by Failure_Time
I swear it mentions a light microscope was used. So how can you identify that which were ribosomes and mitochondra

Are you talking about paper 1H? For Biology not combined? It just said draw an animal cell and label two components.
Combined higher biology paper was terrible
Original post by sqrt of 5
how did you find it? share your answer
I love you Chris for lowering the grade boundaries for us. I think that will be a 6.
Original post by ChrisJSYCI
What do you guys think 53/100 be?
Original post by ZOMBIEKILLER16x
I forgot what they are, good job I don’t do edexcel

i had to look it up to see what a punnet square was :biggrin:
Original post by Rebekah2811
I think I got about 67 marks what grade do you think that’ll be

Last year's GCSE it was like 70 marks to get a 9 and that is the AQA grade boundaries. This test was much easier so I think it will be a 7.

Latest

Trending

Trending