The Student Room Group

An inspector calls

supernatural?
Original post by Pagan Min
Err... Youth and age / Supernatural / Cause and Effect / Time, there'll be more i do not know of, but here are some I know they haven't done already

Scroll to see replies

"The Inspector’s name, though explicitly spelled “Goole” in the play, is often interpreted through an alternative spelling: “ghoul.” The Inspector, it seems, is not a “real” Brumley police inspector, and Priestley provides no answer as to whether we should believe his claim that he has nothing to do with Eva Smith. What are we to make of the police inspector who rings to announce his arrival at the end of the play? Is the original Inspector, perhaps, a ghost? What forces are at work in the play to make the Birlings really accept their responsibility and guilt?"
Reply 2
Err... Youth and age / Supernatural / Cause and Effect / Time, there'll be more i do not know of, but here are some I know they haven't done already

Okay need to still revise the themes and learn 3 quotes!
Reply 3
"The Inspector’s name, though explicitly spelled “Goole” in the play, is often interpreted through an alternative spelling: “ghoul.” The Inspector, it seems, is not a “real” Brumley police inspector, and Priestley provides no answer as to whether we should believe his claim that he has nothing to do with Eva Smith. What are we to make of the police inspector who rings to announce his arrival at the end of the play? Is the original Inspector, perhaps, a ghost? What forces are at work in the play to make the Birlings really accept their responsibility and guilt?"

Is this a grade 9 answer! Ur really good so can you put rhertorical questions in your answer then?!
Reply 4
I’ve heard it could be Gerald or Eva Smith
Reply 5
Original post by skent6

😭😭 well Eva Smith has came up before
If AQA want to be evil again, then yea, Eva smith would be ur best bet
Original post by skent6
oh has it? soz, I didn't know
Original post by halsx11
😭😭 well Eva Smith has came up before
Reply 9
oh has it? soz, I didn't know

Yeah who was responsible for her death
Ah right, I guess it leaves us with Gerald, Mr Birling, Youth and age / Supernatural / Cause and Effect / Time... There are more I don't know about tho
Original post by halsx11
Yeah who was responsible for her death
Ah right, I guess it leaves us with Gerald, Mr Birling, Youth and age / Supernatural / Cause and Effect / Time... There are more I don't know about tho

Dw ill probz do my themes tomoz and let you know
Sure, one thing i'd recommend is to rewatch the film, i find it quite useful to learn quotes and how they are said in films. Best of luck for Thursday :smile:
Original post by halsx11
Dw ill probz do my themes tomoz and let you know
Sure, one thing i'd recommend is to rewatch the film, i find it quite useful to learn quotes and how they are said in films. Best of luck for Thursday :smile:

I’m dreading Thursday already 😭😭
Reply 15
Many teachers think it could be Gerald
what was the inspector call question for aqa
Original post by Samuel124
what was the inspector call question for aqa

The exam board lock the papers to stop students possibly cheating in their mock papers. It’s also against community rules to give the questions.
Original post by Hazzabear
The exam board lock the papers to stop students possibly cheating in their mock papers. It’s also against community rules to give the questions.

oh ok , its a good thing i revised then
dull book

Quick Reply

Latest