The Student Room Group

what the requirements for getting an A* in IAL Edexcel

I would like to ask for the requirements of getting an A* in A-Level. [Pearson edexcel IAL] and i am still doing the old syllabus and will take A2 in June 2019
I have asked my school and search it from google but I still haven’t found the correct requirements as they all saying differently and I am considering about whether or not to register for a resit.

Basically, they said A* requires
an overall 90% from AS and A2
-80% in AS and 90% in A2 -Get 90% in every year (AS 90%, A2 90%)and i've got A in math, further math in AS but i only got 80% above in order to get A* do i have to think for the resit?? so can someone help me " how to get A* “THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!
Original post by DANLI
I would like to ask for the requirements of getting an A* in A-Level. [Pearson edexcel IAL] and i am still doing the old syllabus and will take A2 in June 2019
I have asked my school and search it from google but I still haven’t found the correct requirements as they all saying differently and I am considering about whether or not to register for a resit.

Basically, they said A* requires
an overall 90% from AS and A2
-80% in AS and 90% in A2 -Get 90% in every year (AS 90%, A2 90%)and i've got A in math, further math in AS but i only got 80% above in order to get A* do i have to think for the resit?? so can someone help me " how to get A* “THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!!!!

For an EDEXCEL IAL the general requirements for an A* are that your total UMS average is at least 80% that includes an average of 90% from the A2 units.
For maths A level it is slightly different due to the flexible nature of the maths specification. For maths A level you need 480 UMS that includes 180 UMS from C34. For further maths it is 480 UMS that includes 270 UMS from your best 3 A2 units.
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
For an EDEXCEL IAL the general requirements for an A* are that your total UMS average is at least 80% that includes an average of 90% from the A2 units.
For maths A level it is slightly different due to the flexible nature of the maths specification. For maths A level you need 480 UMS that includes 180 UMS from C34. For further maths it is 480 UMS that includes 270 UMS from your best 3 A2 units.

thank you very much so is this mean i have no need to resit in AS exam, just work hard in A2?
Original post by DANLI
thank you very much so is this mean i have no need to resit in AS exam, just work hard in A2?

Not knowing what units you have taken, what UMS scores you have for each and what units you are taking for A2 I wouldn't want to answer whether you should resit anything. If any of the units in futher maths were A2 units then they may be worth retaking. If any units were unusually low they may be worth a resit to ensure you get an A even if you miss the A* requirement.
Reply 4
okay, thank you very much!!!!!
Reply 5
not knowing what units you have taken, what ums scores you have for each and what units you are taking for a2 i wouldn't want to answer whether you should resit anything. If any of the units in futher maths were a2 units then they may be worth retaking. If any units were unusually low they may be worth a resit to ensure you get an a even if you miss the a* requirement.

thank you very much!!!!!
can someone share how to get A* in PURE Math?
Original post by Jaguar1200
can someone share how to get A* in PURE Math?

480 total UMS that includes 270 UMS from C34+your A2 FP2 or 3 unit.
Thanks. So A* in C34 A * in f2. Thanks
Thanks. So A* in C34 A * in f2. Thanks

270 UMS from C34+F2 could be 180 and 90 respectively but could equally be 200 in C34 and 70 in F2
Gotcha.

I know this is stup*d but getting A* in fp2 is of equal challenge as c34 (imo)b So imma believe 90 and 180 so I work harder

270 UMS from C34+F2 could be 180 and 90 respectively but could equally be 200 in C34 and 70 in F2
Gotcha.

I know this is stup*d but getting A* in fp2 is of equal challenge as c34 (imo)b So imma believe 90 and 180 so I work harder

Go for it!
Aim for the stars ********
Thank u
Go for it!
Aim for the stars ********
hi. just asking, is there a minimum requirement at AS? I sat C12 and F1 and overall have 251/300
480 total UMS that includes 270 UMS from C34+your A2 FP2 or 3 unit.
hi. just asking, is there a minimum requirement at AS? I sat C12 and F1 and overall have 251/300

No
thanks
No

Quick Reply

Latest