The Student Room Group

english language paper 1 question 5

someone tell me how would i write a description for english language paper 1 question 5 , like what would i need to do to get a grade 9 and do you have any examples?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shumile
someone tell me how would i write a description for english language paper 1 question 5 , like what would i need to do to get a grade 9 and do you have any examples?

Hi,

It might be worth checking out this thread from a few months back https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4609192

Of course, no one really knows but here is what the mark scheme for AQA says if you can decode it...

Spoiler

This video might also be worth a watch;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaEJ-HVpl9g

Remember, you could also get the option to write a narrative, which may or may not be easier.

Any other questions, check out the English Language thread - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4751998&p=71849888
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
i sturggle to write but i hvave the ideas can u gve me tips please
Original post by 214235
i sturggle to write but i hvave the ideas can u gve me tips please

Try to start off with a real hook to grab the reader's attention and make sure to start off according to your plan. For instance, if you wanted a dramatic start you could start off with some simple sentences to really make the reader wonder. Or if you'd rather go with a subtle start use contrasting metaphors and then perhaps you could have a dramatic twist on the next paragraph.

Some tips I would give you is to try and link your paragraphs to ideas you have previously mentioned in your last paragraph as then you can further develop your ideas and the flow of the story/description will be much better.

Also if you are writing a descriptive piece try to use many language techniques as that will gain you a lot more marks and it will make the story/description more interesting to read. If you are ever in awe of what language techniques/devices you could use then you can follow this acronym for any extra additional techniques: 5(5 senses)A(alliteration)M(metaphor)P(personification)E(emotive language)R(rule of three)O(onomatopoeia) + A(adverb)V(verb)A(adjective)N(noun) = 5SAMPERO + AVAN. Of course, they aren't the only techniques but I find this an easy acronym to remember and it can be very useful!

I hope I've helped even the slightest, good luck in your writing!
Reply 4
Original post by shumile

watch Mr.bruff
Are you doing it with Edexcel, AQA or what board?
I could get you exactly 40 marks and how to cheat on paper 1 question 5 but I don’t want to tell anyone because all of you will end up doing so well and the grade boundaries will change higher. As I’m already failing the question 4. But let me tell you something I’m not even revising for question 5 at all. Ill tell you the little secret on 5 June.
Reply 7
Hey , can you please give the top on questions 5 please!!!!!!
Bro, My exam is Tommorow could you tell me?
who's excited for tomorrow? lmfao.
btw, is anyone else only taking one paper ? I'm only taking the Edexcel English paper tomorrow as I did coursework, so only need to do one paper instead of two loll
bro what :frown:
Original post by Uknown-bristol
I could get you exactly 40 marks and how to cheat on paper 1 question 5 but I don’t want to tell anyone because all of you will end up doing so well and the grade boundaries will change higher. As I’m already failing the question 4. But let me tell you something I’m not even revising for question 5 at all. Ill tell you the little secret on 5 June.
bro why would you bother posting this comment :/
Original post by talise.2625
btw, is anyone else only taking one paper ? I'm only taking the Edexcel English paper tomorrow as I did coursework, so only need to do one paper instead of two loll

I'm doing one, but i haven't done any cousework
Bro please... Can you just give me an essay idea for section c? ;-;
Whats section C?
Original post by Anything works
Bro please... Can you just give me an essay idea for section c? ;-;
I had my exam and i Messed up my paper 1 😢 I did question 5 that had 5 paragraphs, I did question 1 and did question 4 with 2 paragraphs and had no time to do q2 and q3 even though I know what to do?
Question 5 took me so much time!
Original post by mkavusi29
I had my exam and i Messed up my paper 1 😢 I did question 5 that had 5 paragraphs, I did question 1 and did question 4 with 2 paragraphs and had no time to do q2 and q3 even though I know what to do?
Question 5 took me so much time!

Di your teacher not teach you to split the questions up in time ? so like 15 minutes for one and 30 for another etc
Sh
No they didn’t?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending