The Student Room Group

WJEC Further Maths Pure A AS Exam 13th May

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Yeah, I'm pretty certain I read the question wrong, oh well can't change it now
Original post by Rockrs
I thought it said p(X=2) not 3 like you've done because in our FM class there are only 4 of us and we all got lambda =2 . But maybe I'm mistaken
Reply 41
Also, what did you get for the cumulative distribution function question?
Original post by Rockrs
I thought it said p(X=2) not 3 like you've done because in our FM class there are only 4 of us and we all got lambda =2 . But maybe I'm mistaken
Reply 42
yeah i got two aswell
Original post by Rockrs
Reply 43
what did you get for the cumulative distribution function question?
Original post by Svesh
yeah i got two aswell
Original post by Adaal
what did you get for the cumulative distribution function question?

how did you do the last part for the crv? with the E(3X+1) and Var of that I think??
Reply 45
Original post by itsbritneyb*tch
how did you do the last part for the crv? with the E(3X+1) and Var of that I think??

You had to do:3Ex+1 and then do 3^2Varx using values you found from the pdf at top.
I found that quite hard tbh.
Reply 46
Yeah, I did that too, but i messed up getting E(x) and E(x^2). Should still get the ecf marks (I hope).
Original post by Rockrs
You had to do:3Ex+1 and then do 3^2Varx using values you found from the pdf at top.
I found that quite hard tbh.
Reply 47
Original post by Adaal
Yeah, I did that too, but i messed up getting E(x) and E(x^2). Should still get the ecf marks (I hope).

Same, well I got a reasonable Ex at the last minute of exam so had no time to change part c so I just said "ans from before:". Hopefully ecf as I'm sure I've followed correct method
Reply 48
How did you guys find mechanics today?? I found the questions on the aeroplane and momentum the hardest
i thought it was awful, best question were the circle motion questions which is the opposite of how it should be lol
Reply 50
For the 1st question to get the velocity as 4.3 m/s ( I think that's what I got)
Original post by Ollymapps
i thought it was awful, best question were the circle motion questions which is the opposite of how it should be lol
I thought it was much nicer than last year’s. The questions like the momentum one were more abstract but, they were actually just as easy as normal I thought, once you got through all of the algebra. I do agree that aeroplane vectors question wasn’t very nice.
Reply 52
Yeah, I don't think that it was terrible, but I don't think it's nicer than last year's in my opinion. Do you remember what you've got for the length of the string on the circular motion question, I've got something like 5.77m
I thought it was much nicer than last year’s. The questions like the momentum one were more abstract but, they were actually just as easy as normal I thought, once you got through all of the algebra. I do agree that aeroplane vectors question wasn’t very nice.
Original post by Adaal
Yeah, I don't think that it was terrible, but I don't think it's nicer than last year's in my opinion. Do you remember what you've got for the length of the string on the circular motion question, I've got something like 5.77m

I got 5.77 as well
Original post by Adaal

ye that’s exactly what I got (and my whole class). what other answers can you remember we can check?
ye that’s exactly what I got (and my whole class). what other answers can you remember we can check?

I got 3/16 for the loss in ke on the momentum question, what did everyone else get?
oh for that circular motion one, I got R=mgcosθ +4mg -2mgsinθ how do you get R=4mg+3mgsinθ??
Original post by STEM.lover
I got 3/16 for the loss in ke on the momentum question, what did everyone else get?

ye 3mg/16 I got I think or something idk but it was 3/16 times something
Reply 58
Original post by STEM.lover

I definitely didn't get that, wasn't it meant to be in terms of m and u??

Original post by Adaal

Yes it was 3mu/16 I think, but the numbers were what I was looking for so I didn’t state the mu, sorry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending