The Student Room Group

Summer plans? Need ideas

I’ve finished exams (🥳🥳🥳) and I’ve got 4 months to do nothing before I start uni in September. I’ve not even been free for a week and I’m already so bored that it’s been making me feel really down. I’m trying to find a job and hopefully I’ll start driving practice soon. What’s everyone doing over the summer? Any suggestions for what I could do to stop me dying from boredom?
How have you finished your exams so quick? And why don’t you get an active job so you can have fun and earn money. Sign up the an NCS mentor?
Reply 2
I live in Scotland so exams started at the end of April. I am looking for a job it’s just not going great 😅 ncs mentor sounds cool though I doubt I’d be able to do it, I’m 17
Original post by annoymous_
How have you finished your exams so quick? And why don’t you get an active job so you can have fun and earn money. Sign up the an NCS mentor?
Original post by _nim1
I’ve finished exams (🥳🥳🥳) and I’ve got 4 months to do nothing before I start uni in September. I’ve not even been free for a week and I’m already so bored that it’s been making me feel really down. I’m trying to find a job and hopefully I’ll start driving practice soon. What’s everyone doing over the summer? Any suggestions for what I could do to stop me dying from boredom?

Defo try get a job! But other than that try make lots of plans with your friends!! Your all in the same situation so make it fun together!!
Sophia
In Scotland there are opportunities for hill or mountain walking and wild swimming.
Reply 5
True might try something like that especially since we were meant to have our silver expedition which I was looking forward to but I think it’s being cancelled :/
Original post by barnetlad
In Scotland there are opportunities for hill or mountain walking and wild swimming.
Reply 6
Got some plans in place for when we’re all done exams! Thanks ☺️
Original post by hallamstudents
Defo try get a job! But other than that try make lots of plans with your friends!! Your all in the same situation so make it fun together!!
Sophia
Have you thought about volunteering at festivals or taking part in ics? I’m 17 and I’m volunteering at festivals this year, you should volunteer with me! Also to do Ics you have to be at least 18 and it’s volunteering abroad and sounds amazing
Read a book (lots of great books are available for free as PDFs online)
Clean up your room and make it beautiful
Reply 9
Literally done both these things haha thanks 😂 also just found out my I can borrow any ebook online with my library so I’m pretty much sorted 😂
Original post by jamesbarry17
Read a book (lots of great books are available for free as PDFs online)
Clean up your room and make it beautiful
Reply 10
That sounds so good! Festivals aren’t really my thing though ics sounds so cool thanks I wanna try that after I’m 18
Original post by Emma603xxxx
Have you thought about volunteering at festivals or taking part in ics? I’m 17 and I’m volunteering at festivals this year, you should volunteer with me! Also to do Ics you have to be at least 18 and it’s volunteering abroad and sounds amazing
-i'm going to run every morning.
-self-teach myself italian with help from my mother
-go drayton manor/ulton towers with mates
-start boxing again

and other personal ones

might work from august until september.
Reply 12
Ohh nice sounds good 😌 I just started learning Spanish again I’m trying to improve my speaking. Italian is actually the other language I’d like to learn
Original post by Rid The Kid
-i'm going to run every morning.
-self-teach myself italian with help from my mother
-go drayton manor/ulton towers with mates
-start boxing again

and other personal ones

might work from august until september.
Original post by _nim1
Ohh nice sounds good 😌 I just started learning Spanish again I’m trying to improve my speaking. Italian is actually the other language I’d like to learn

im gonna use duolingo and speak speak only italian to my mom since she was raised in italy and knows it fluently. i might as well do something productive and might visit italy some day :biggrin:
Reply 14
Ohh it’s so good having someone to speak with, hope it goes well ☺️ And same here I’d love to go to Italy and Spain and be able to speak the language
Original post by Rid The Kid
im gonna use duolingo and speak speak only italian to my mom since she was raised in italy and knows it fluently. i might as well do something productive and might visit italy some day :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest