The Student Room Group

What happens if you missed a GCSE exam?

With medical evidence and severe circumstances.....say you actually went to school for the exam but the ambulance comes to get you instead? :s-smilie:
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

BUMP
My teachers have told that if you are unable to do your GCSE's then they will/might use your Mock grades in place of the actual grade...
I missed my religion exam last year and they just asked for a medical note from the doctor. Similarly, my friend just needed a hospital note when he missed his T3 exam in January last year.
Original post by emilynxlan
I missed my religion exam last year and they just asked for a medical note from the doctor. Similarly, my friend just needed a hospital note when he missed his T3 exam in January last year.

Did you redo it then? Were your mock/predicted grades used?
Original post by Keri00Summers
My teachers have told that if you are unable to do your GCSE's then they will/might use your Mock grades in place of the actual grade...

Okay thank you:smile:
I think your actual mocks grade will be used if you have an actual reason that you have missed the exams
I think your actual mocks grade will be used if you have an actual reason that you have missed the exams

Okay....but I had two sets of mocks.....got 8 in one 6 in other
The one used in your reports

Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Okay....but I had two sets of mocks.....got 8 in one 6 in other
The one used in your reports

But i've missed one paper..still have other one to do (Sigh of relief)
On my report its 7+
The Exam board might use that grade if your reason is valid - e.g) your medical issue
The Exam board might use that grade if your reason is valid - e.g) your medical issue

Can i PM you my issue and plz would you tell me if you think its valid
sure
With medical evidence and severe circumstances.....say you actually went to school for the exam but the ambulance comes to get you instead? :s-smilie:

You would get 0 marks for that paper but could be awarded a grade for the subject based on the result you achieve in a second paper for that subject (if there is one). You can't be awarded a grade based on internal mock exam results. The rules and procedure to apply for special consideration can be found on the JCQ web site. Talk to your exams office and they will explain what is happening.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
You would get 0 marks for that paper but could be awarded a grade for the subject based on the result you achieve in a second paper for that subject (if there is one). You can't be awarded a grade based on internal mock exam results. The rules and procedure to apply for special consideration can be found on the JCQ web site. Talk to your exams office and they will explain what is happening.

Thank goodness there is a second paper then
Thank goodness there is a second paper then

Good luck with the second paper, hope your problems are sorted out and you achieve the grade you deserve.
Original post by gdunne42
Good luck with the second paper, hope your problems are sorted out and you achieve the grade you deserve.

Quite upsetting really....really wanted an 8-8 (is this still possible?):cry2:

I wonder if it's the same as what happens down here in Scotland. As far as I'm concerned, they look at all of your class tests, and base what grade you would have achieved in the final exam. I remember discussing it with a teacher, and they said even if you were an A student (say at 75% or something) you would be put down to a B or something, regardless if you'd have known your performance to live up to that of an A candidate's standard. I think the only time they'd give you the exact grade you worked at in class would be if you were getting 90+% on every test for a particular subject, they couldn't just mark you down as a B, because that wouldn't make sense whatsoever.
Original post by Strelzo
I wonder if it's the same as what happens down here in Scotland. As far as I'm concerned, they look at all of your class tests, and base what grade you would have achieved in the final exam. I remember discussing it with a teacher, and they said even if you were an A student (say at 75% or something) you would be put down to a B or something, regardless if you'd have known your performance to live up to that of an A candidate's standard. I think the only time they'd give you the exact grade you worked at in class would be if you were getting 90+% on every test for a particular subject, they couldn't just mark you down as a B, because that wouldn't make sense whatsoever.

Thanks for replying .....the thing I was working on 7 and 8's (A/A*'s)...would be gutted if I don't get them:frown:
Thanks for replying .....the thing I was working on 7 and 8's (A/A*'s)...would be gutted if I don't get them:frown:

You sound like a dedicated student, and I remember something about someone saying there was a paper 2? Do excellent in that, and that should show them your efforts would have portrayed in the first paper.

Quick Reply

Latest