The Student Room Group

Do I Say Yes To The Job?

I'm 14, currently in year 9 English school. I've been offered a weekend job, paper round at 6am Saturday and Sunday. I'm fine with waking up and cycling to work at that time, it just means that I have to stay at home on the weekends, and can't do things like go to London for the weekend like I would usually do, or go and visit a Grandparent for the weekend. I know this seems like a small problem, but I'm so stressed about it to be honest. I have to email back soon, is it worth the extra coin? xx
it's a job that earns you money and keeps you fit. Oh, and also gives you something to talk about in your CV so that in two years you'll more easily get full-time work
Reply 2
yeah, that makes sense actually. thanks!
Reply 3
Original post by hello_shawn
it's a job that earns you money and keeps you fit. Oh, and also gives you something to talk about in your CV so that in two years you'll more easily get full-time work

⬆️
Couldn't you do those things you otherwise enjoy doing in the summer on weekdays instead?
Reply 5
Original post by sinfonietta
Couldn't you do those things you otherwise enjoy doing in the summer on weekdays instead?

Yeah I guess so, I just dont get to see grandparents often as they live a couple hours away so the only time I can see them is on the weekend. I think I'll get the job though!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending