The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Who's going to uni in London?

Hello,

My names Analisa and I have chosen my firm choice for UAL for Fashion Contour, I am so nervous as London is a very big place. I am Looking to make friends in London who are possibly going to UAL or any uni in London! Would be great to get to know yousss!! xx
hi, i’ll be going to goldsmiths for media and communications, but i’d love to get to know more people around london! i’m an EU student but i’ve been to london before and i’m fairly familiar with the popular areas and the south east part
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hello, it would be nice to get ti know you seen as you're going to London. I have been to London loads of times but the scariest part for me will be getting used to the buses and the underground as you have to know where you are going and how to get there. So what's made you choose London? Also where about are you from in the EU? :smile:
Original post by delia0117q
hi, i’ll be going to goldsmiths for media and communications, but i’d love to get to know more people around london! i’m an EU student but i’ve been to london before and i’m fairly familiar with the popular areas and the south east part
Original post by analisa29x
Hello, it would be nice to get ti know you seen as you're going to London. I have been to London loads of times but the scariest part for me will be getting used to the buses and the underground as you have to know where you are going and how to get there. So what's made you choose London? Also where about are you from in the EU? :smile:

i only took a bus once but the tube is sooo easy to use. there are maps everywhere and if you are unsure of what platform you should be on, one quick look at the final stop will tell you which direction it’s going towards! i’m romanian btw. i chose london because my uncle and his wife have been living there for 12 years and i completely fell in love with the city when i first got there (i was 11 😭).
as well as this, goldsmiths is the best for media&comms in the uk so that was definitely the deciding factor
Reply 4
Yeah there are lots of maps about, London is a very fast pass city. It's good that London has attracted you to study there honestly I am excited like you! It is going to be good hopefully even though there's lots of crime going on there.. But lets keep in touch we might even meet there, it will be good to know that there's someone there in a similar situation. :smile:
i only took a bus once but the tube is sooo easy to use. there are maps everywhere and if you are unsure of what platform you should be on, one quick look at the final stop will tell you which direction it’s going towards! i’m romanian btw. i chose london because my uncle and his wife have been living there for 12 years and i completely fell in love with the city when i first got there (i was 11 😭).
as well as this, goldsmiths is the best for media&comms in the uk so that was definitely the deciding factor
Yeah there are lots of maps about, London is a very fast pass city. It's good that London has attracted you to study there honestly I am excited like you! It is going to be good hopefully even though there's lots of crime going on there.. But lets keep in touch we might even meet there, it will be good to know that there's someone there in a similar situation. :smile:

surely!! good luck with your exams
Reply 6
Good luck with yours too! :smile:
surely!! good luck with your exams
I’m going to SOAS for politics and IR. I’m from India!
Reply 8
Hello, thats good are you looking forward to moving to London ? :smile:
Original post by navyaabbey
I’m going to SOAS for politics and IR. I’m from India!
Hello, thats good are you looking forward to moving to London ? :smile:

I’m really excited about it. Where are you going?
Reply 10
I am going to London College of Fashion
Original post by navyaabbey
I’m really excited about it. Where are you going?
Hi Analisa, my name is Kenza. I’m also going to be studying Fashion Contour at LCF! I’m from the UK but still nervous about navigating around London! ☺️ X
Hello,

My names Analisa and I have chosen my firm choice for UAL for Fashion Contour, I am so nervous as London is a very big place. I am Looking to make friends in London who are possibly going to UAL or any uni in London! Would be great to get to know yousss!! xx
Moved to University of the Arts London forum. :smile:

This isn’t true, goldsmiths isn’t the best for this in the u.k. LSE and UAL are the best for media comms and arts sorry
Original post by ElG.ONCALVES
This isn’t true, goldsmiths isn’t the best for this in the u.k. LSE and UAL are the best for media comms and arts sorry

LSE and UAL don’t have a media&communications course, specifically
LSE has journalism
Yes they do my brother studied global media and communications at lse and my best friend studies media communications at UAL
LSE and UAL don’t have a media&communications course, specifically
LSE has journalism
Original post by ElG.ONCALVES
Yes they do my brother studied global media and communications at lse and my best friend studies media communications at UAL

I’m only referencing undergrad degrees; the only results at LSE are for masters (http://www.lse.ac.uk/Programmes/Search-Courses?collection=lse-programmes&query=media%20communications&start_rank=11)
Excuse me regarding UAL, it seems they do have a BA for it. Still, I can’t see it on the rankings and goldsmiths is still high up (https://www.topuniversities.com/university-rankings/university-subject-rankings/2019/communication-media-studies)
UAL are indeed very high for arts, but that’s another area of courses

I’m going to Goldsmiths to study media and communications as well!!! Just got my unconditional offer! I’m also an EU student!!
Original post by Carolina_sousa00
I’m going to Goldsmiths to study media and communications as well!!! Just got my unconditional offer! I’m also an EU student!!

welcome! see you around on the groups ☺️
It’s so nice to see someone here that is going to be in the same place as I am in September hahaha!! I got an offer from UAL-LCC and Goldsmiths but ended up choosing Golds, however I was super indecisive!! Where are you from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending