The Student Room Group

ScotQuals Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Strelzo
You've hit the nail right on the head there, it is so monotonous. Makes you want to hate school when in reality, school's not actually that bad. *English: hold my beer*

I couldn’t agree more. I also dislike how it’s subjective whereas in maths there is like a set answer for everything which I much prefer.
Original post by beth1709
I couldn’t agree more. I also dislike how it’s subjective whereas in maths there is like a set answer for everything which I much prefer.

We must have like-minds or something, because that is the exact reason that I hate English. I love having an answer to questions, instead of having to reason to get to your point across. The only reason I find justification acceptable, is when it's to back-up a right answer lmao.
Original post by Strelzo
We must have like-minds or something, because that is the exact reason that I hate English. I love having an answer to questions, instead of having to reason to get to your point across. The only reason I find justification acceptable, is when it's to back-up a right answer lmao.

Same here! Things without a correct and absolute right answer and me don’t work well together hahah
Same here! Things without a correct and absolute right answer and me don’t work well together hahah

Heheh

Reasoning to answer + Strelzo = Bad
Original post by Strelzo
Heheh

Reasoning to answer + Strelzo = Bad

Same here hehe
Original post by Strelzo
Sounds great. My 2 week holiday starts on the 23rd May, then into Higher on the 3rd June :biggrin:. Can't wait for Higher; last year hopefully and then University.

What university do you plan on applying to
Have you done a lot of work experience?
Yeah, I know it’ll be hard but I’ve always really wanted to do it since I was younger. If I decide against it or it’s too hard or then I’d do maths because for me maths is like what computing science is for you.
Original post by Fhhdndjdj
Have you done a lot of work experience?

Doing it in September and my school have trips to Glasgow uni for medicine organised too
@Strelzo @beth1709 @Fhhdndjdj Hope you don't mind I've just moved your conversation over here, as wasn't really physics exam related anymore- totally fine to continue as you were here though! :smile:
Good for you, that sounds really interesting, where abouts are you doing it if you don’t mind me asking?
Doing it in September and my school have trips to Glasgow uni for medicine organised too
Oh that's fantastic!. I guess you like programming?, I want to go to university to study Computing science too. Good luck :smile:.
Original post by Strelzo
Cyber security or Devops engineering. What about yourself?
Good for you, that sounds really interesting, where abouts are you doing it if you don’t mind me asking?

Just in my auntie and uncles practice as they both are a GP and then nearer Christmas I might help at my mums friends work as it’s a lab and my friends who have just got in to medicine at Glasgow just did that for their work experience and that was ok.
Original post by Kubsyy
Oh that's fantastic!. I guess you like programming?, I want to go to university to study Computing science too. Good luck :smile:.

Programming is my absolute passion. What University are you thinking about going to? I will hopefully be attending Edinburgh University (once my National 5 results are back, I'll be applying to UCAS) or a last resort would be Saint. Andrews (which is better statistic wise for computing, but it's really far away).

As they say, computing science is the job for the future :biggrin:, and good luck to yourself too :thumbsup:.
What university do you plan on applying to

1: Edinburgh

2: Saint. Andrews
Original post by Labrador99
@Strelzo @beth1709 @Fhhdndjdj Hope you don't mind I've just moved your conversation over here, as wasn't really physics exam related anymore- totally fine to continue as you were here though! :smile:

No problem hehe. Just drifted on to another conversation :P
Aw nice!
Original post by Strelzo
1: Edinburgh

2: Saint. Andrews
Aw your really lucky to know people who can help you out, do you go to a state school?
Just in my auntie and uncles practice as they both are a GP and then nearer Christmas I might help at my mums friends work as it’s a lab and my friends who have just got in to medicine at Glasgow just did that for their work experience and that was ok.
Aw your really lucky to know people who can help you out, do you go to a state school?

Yup :smile:. My parents didn’t see the point in private education when they were both publicly educated and they both do very well for themselves. As well as that most of my older cousins went to boarding schools or private day schools and none of them really enjoyed it so my siblings and I were never sent to one. Wbu?
I got a place in one but I would have to bus it 1hour each way which I thought was a waste of my time and the planet, my school isn’t very good tho! Is your school a university reach school?
Yup :smile:. My parents didn’t see the point in private education when they were both publicly educated and they both do very well for themselves. As well as that most of my older cousins went to boarding schools or private day schools and none of them really enjoyed it so my siblings and I were never sent to one. Wbu?
I got a place in one but I would have to bus it 1hour each way which I thought was a waste of my time and the planet, my school isn’t very good tho! Is your school a university reach school?

Possibly I’m not sure actually. Is yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending