The Student Room Group

GSPU Cyber Security Apprenticeship

I’ve applied for the cyber security apprenticeship in manchester and I have been invited to the assessment centre. I was wondering if anyone else has been invited or has been to an assessment centre already and if you could please share some tips? Thank you!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I have a video interview for the same apprenticeship. Do you have any tips? What questions are asked etc?
Hey for the video interview you can only record once so no re-recording so make sure you’re prepared lol I was really nervous but I surprisingly did well. They asked questions like why do you want to do this apprenticeship, what do you do in your free time, what is a problem you’ve faced and how did you over come it, name a time when you received feedback and how did you deal with it. Pretty much generic questions, good luck hope this helped!
Original post by Drew123
Hey, I have a video interview for the same apprenticeship. Do you have any tips? What questions are asked etc?
Reply 3
Awesome! Thanks a lot. I did an video interview with bt and ended saying "oh ****" out loud lol. Will let you know how it goes.
Original post by Lollipop2000
Hey for the video interview you can only record once so no re-recording so make sure you’re prepared lol I was really nervous but I surprisingly did well. They asked questions like why do you want to do this apprenticeship, what do you do in your free time, what is a problem you’ve faced and how did you over come it, name a time when you received feedback and how did you deal with it. Pretty much generic questions, good luck hope this helped!
Ahahahahaha omg😂😂 I was going to apply to bt but it wasn’t open everytime I checked so I guess I missed the openings. Good luck with the interview!!
Original post by Drew123
Awesome! Thanks a lot. I did an video interview with bt and ended saying "oh ****" out loud lol. Will let you know how it goes.
Reply 5
I'm pretty sure the bt cyber security degree apprenticeship is still open
Ahahahahaha omg😂😂 I was going to apply to bt but it wasn’t open everytime I checked so I guess I missed the openings. Good luck with the interview!!
Ah right okay I’ll have a look at it. Do you actually have any experience in cyber or are you just interested in it??
Original post by Drew123
I'm pretty sure the bt cyber security degree apprenticeship is still open
Reply 7
Not really got any any experience, on my last year college studying networking. Have been learning ethical hacking lately though. How about you?
Ah right okay I’ll have a look at it. Do you actually have any experience in cyber or are you just interested in it??
I don’t really have any experience either but I’m just interested in the apprenticeship, I want to get an apprenticeship in just something to do with ict and this gspu apprenticeships appealed to me. I hope that having no experience will not get in the way :frown:
Original post by Drew123
Not really got any any experience, on my last year college studying networking. Have been learning ethical hacking lately though. How about you?
Reply 9
I don't think not having experience will really get in the way as we gotta start somewhere 🤷*♂️. Do you live in Manchester or would you be moving?
And i just had my interview, i think i messed it up lol, i wasn't exactly nervous (had cbd oil beforehand 😂) but i was struggling to think of things to say and ended up repeating myself a ton of times and had moments when i just froze, and a point where my phone fell lol
Nope I dont live in manchester, the train journey is about an hour and a bit for me idk if I’ll move or keep going up and down. What about you how far is manchester for you, are you thinking of moving? Omg dont worry i was suuuuperrr nervous on mine and was like erm erm and froze a few times and repeated and I did fine!! You’ll be fine dont worry
Original post by Drew123
I don't think not having experience will really get in the way as we gotta start somewhere 🤷*♂️. Do you live in Manchester or would you be moving?
And i just had my interview, i think i messed it up lol, i wasn't exactly nervous (had cbd oil beforehand 😂) but i was struggling to think of things to say and ended up repeating myself a ton of times and had moments when i just froze, and a point where my phone fell lol
Reply 11
Train is like 40mins to Manchester for me but will probably move. I've been looking at apprenticeships all over, honestly just wanna get started with life already.
Same tbh I just want to get into an apprenticeship and crack on. I’ve applied to sooooo many but I cant seem to secure one :frown:
Hey there! I have my video interview tomorrow and I'm a bit scared. I've never done one for a government scheme before. Do you have any tips on what to prepare for? Any definite questions and what not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Taylor
Reply 14
Hey, there was 9 questions and you had a minute to think about what to say then i think it was 90secs to answer. The questions were along the line of why do you want this apprenticeship, what do you do in your free time, talk about a problem you've faced and how you solved it, talk about a time you received negative feedback and you dealt with it, how would you introduce yourself to your colleagues, how would you solve a problem? There's a few others but i can't remember at the moment. I recommend trying to think of as much stuff possible to say as i found myself stuck on what to say 15 seconds in. Also if you use your phone don't let it fall like i did 😂. Good luck
Hey, I’ve said above what came up on mine, I don’t know if its the same as what will come up on yours. It’s just pretty much questions about you, your qualities and so on.
Original post by SirJebidiah
Hey there! I have my video interview tomorrow and I'm a bit scared. I've never done one for a government scheme before. Do you have any tips on what to prepare for? Any definite questions and what not. Any help is greatly appreciated!

- Taylor
Thank you so much. This really did help me. I hope all goes well for you! I'm still pretty scared but all I can do is give it my all I suppose!
Hey, I’ve said above what came up on mine, I don’t know if its the same as what will come up on yours. It’s just pretty much questions about you, your qualities and so on.
Just try and stay calm and make sure you’re comfortable and make sure your phone is in a good place. Also try not to look around but instead look at the camera on the phone. Good luck!!
Thank you so much. This really did help me. I hope all goes well for you! I'm still pretty scared but all I can do is give it my all I suppose!
Hey guys, has anyone heard anything yet? I did my video interview last week but haven't heard anything yet.
Hey guys, has anyone heard anything yet? I did my video interview last week but haven't heard anything yet.

Nothing for me yet. I did my interview on the 13th, no word since.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending