The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE 9-1 Higher Tier Maths - Paper 1 - 21st May 2019 (Non-Calc)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rubberpen
Thanks,can you send me a link for exam style questions

Just search edexcel past papers 😁
Anyone have any predictions on what topics will come up? Especially grade 7/8/9 topics
Feels bad having geography on the same day :frown:
Reply 63
Original post by SchmuckOff
Feels bad having geography on the same day :frown:

ikr geography is too much effort smh
Any predictions for what may come up?
What shall I revise this weekend to get ready for the real exam on Tuesday as I really want a 6?
I really want a 6 in Maths this year as that is what I am predicted. What can I do in the Higher Papers to make it more likely for me to get a 6 or higher?
Any last minute revision tips?
im so stressed!!! i just want a 7
Reply 66
Original post by mjhmichael18
Any predictions for what may come up?
What shall I revise this weekend to get ready for the real exam on Tuesday as I really want a 6?
I really want a 6 in Maths this year as that is what I am predicted. What can I do in the Higher Papers to make it more likely for me to get a 6 or higher?
Any last minute revision tips?

Have you done all the mock/past/practice papers for Edexcel? The more you do the better. Also try all of the Edexcel problem solving sets if you haven't already.
mathsgenie has put up a predicted paper 1
Original post by Notnek
Have you done all the mock/past/practice papers for Edexcel? The more you do the better. Also try all of the Edexcel problem solving sets if you haven't already.

would you consider predicted paper reliable?
I have just tried the on maths predicted paper 1 for 2019 and got 39/80 which is a grade 6. Some of the questions I couldn’t understand how they got to the answer.
I have just tried the on maths predicted paper 1 for 2019 and got 39/80 which is a grade 6. Some of the questions I couldn’t understand how they got to the answer.

See the walkthrough here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yb0KCKlvGqI
Reply 71
Original post by sqrt of 5
would you consider predicted paper reliable?

No there's no way of knowing what will be in the first paper. You can only start to make predictions once the first paper has been seen.

I think that predicted topics for papers 2/3 can be useful (I make a list every year) but predicted papers are usually just old/uninspired questions and they don't prepare you well for the real thing.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 72

If you need help with any specific questions please let us know.
Original post by Notnek
No there's no way of knowing what will be in the first paper. You can only start to make predictions once the first paper has been seen.

I think that predicted topics for papers 2/3 can be useful (I make a list every year) but predicted papers are usually just old/uninspired questions and they don't prepare you well for the real thing.

They're usually just similar questions to those found in the previous years papers
Reply 74
Original post by _thestudent33
They're usually just similar questions to those found in the previous years papers

Yes I may make my own this year for paper 3 with new/hard questions but it depends on if I have time :smile:

Last year my predicted topics list for paper 3 contained most of the topics that appeared in that paper. So I recommend having a look at it this year.
Original post by Notnek
Yes I may make my own this year for paper 3 with new/hard questions but it depends on if I have time :smile:

Last year my predicted topics list for paper 3 contained most of the topics that appeared in that paper. So I recommend having a look at it this year.

I did my gcse maths least year :biggrin:. But I'm sure it'll be helpful for everyone else on this thread :wink:

Btw I did use your list last year :h:
I did my gcse maths least year :biggrin:. But I'm sure it'll be helpful for everyone else on this thread :wink:

Btw I did use your list last year :h:

What grade did you get ?
Original post by Sam snake
What grade did you get ?

I took an intensive course (8 months) in year 10 and got a 6. If I had longer to study I probably would've got a 7 but oh well
I took an intensive course (8 months) in year 10 and got a 6. If I had longer to study I probably would've got a 7 but oh well

Fair enough, good job 👍🏽
Original post by Sam snake
Fair enough, good job 👍🏽

Thanks! :h:

What grade are you aiming for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending