The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Accounting 7127 - Paper 1 & 2 - 10th & 13th June 2019

AQA A-level Accounting 7127 - Paper 1 & 2 - 10th & 13th June

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here :gthumb: Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others :smartass:

This thread covers the following papers:

7127 Paper 1 Financial Accounting (new) 3h 10 June 2019 am

7127 Paper 2 Accounting for analysis and decision-making (new) 3h 13 June 2019 am

:rave:

The official specification: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/accounting/specifications/AQA-7127-SP-2017.PDF

Spoiler

Specimen and past papers:
https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/accounting/as-and-a-level/accounting-7127/assessment-resources
:goodluck:

Scroll to see replies

I know its the first year but anyone have any predictions about the papers?
all of the new topics (eg ethics and investor ratios) are definitely in the paper.
Original post by thekingpar
I know its the first year but anyone have any predictions about the papers?
Investors ratio?
Do you mean like roce and the shares ratio
In ethics do you mean the five principles cuz to be honest we were taught that last week
investor ratios like dividend yield, earning per share etc. You know when they give you a question about investing in companies, they give you 2 businesses with financial statements to calculate those ratios and compare them, or they already calculate it for you and ask to decide which business to invest in. it was in the specimen paper.

also for ethics, it's those 5 principles, 5 threats to those and safeguards(general and specific). eg intimidation is a threat to objectivity and the safeguard is it is communication. look in the book it's all in the chapter.

hope this helps x
Original post by thekingpar
Investors ratio?
Do you mean like roce and the shares ratio
In ethics do you mean the five principles cuz to be honest we were taught that last week
Thank you
Original post by mggggggggg
investor ratios like dividend yield, earning per share etc. You know when they give you a question about investing in companies, they give you 2 businesses with financial statements to calculate those ratios and compare them, or they already calculate it for you and ask to decide which business to invest in. it was in the specimen paper.

also for ethics, it's those 5 principles, 5 threats to those and safeguards(general and specific). eg intimidation is a threat to objectivity and the safeguard is it is communication. look in the book it's all in the chapter.

hope this helps x
Anyone help me on Paper 1, I don’t get one of the answers
If anyone has the AQA AS accounting 2019 paper 1 or has done it please tell me what topics came up and all the definitions
Thanks
If anyone has the AQA AS accounting 2019 paper 1 can u please send it to me or tell me what topics came up
Thanks
anyone got any tips on 25 marker exam techniques? also potential topics for 25 markers apart from ethics and ratios?
one of the 20 markers was on sources of finance.
had to prepare a sole trader income statement.
i cant remember anything else sorry!
Original post by Ariana1234
If anyone has the AQA AS accounting 2019 paper 1 or has done it please tell me what topics came up and all the definitions
Thanks
Thank you please check ur message I sent you
Original post by chloee120301
one of the 20 markers was on sources of finance.
had to prepare a sole trader income statement.
i cant remember anything else sorry!
revision techniques?
Whats the best way to gain good marks on the 25 markers. Any tips much appreciated thanks
Reply 15
Literally write everything, no matter how small you think it is. For example if a question about investor ratios comes up, mention everything from the difference in the size of the company, what the ratios mean, differences in ratios, etc. There’s a really good example of this in the AQA textbook which should help.
Original post by 8Greenorange
Whats the best way to gain good marks on the 25 markers. Any tips much appreciated thanks
Reply 16
Practice as many questions as possible and take notes on any difficult questions you keep getting wrong so that you can look over it from time to time.
Original post by DemiladeFasinro
revision techniques?
Reply 17
So my accounting teacher sent me a list of possible 25 markers:
Verification of accounting records (control accounts, trail balance etc,
General accounting concepts (accruals, money measurement, duality, etc)
Benefits and limitations of budgetary control (paper 2)
Benefits and limitations of absorption, abc, and marginal costing.
The calculation and use of cash flows in capital investment appraisal
The requirement to publish accounts and how these are used by a variety of stakeholders.
anyone got any tips on 25 marker exam techniques? also potential topics for 25 markers apart from ethics and ratios?
Reply 18
So my accounting teacher sent me a list of possible 25 markers:
Verification of accounting records (control accounts, trail balance etc,
General accounting concepts (accruals, money measurement, duality)
Benefits and limitations of budgetary control (paper 2)
Benefits and limitations of absorption, abc, and marginal costing.
The calculation and use of cash flows in capital investment appraisal
The requirement to publish accounts and how these are used by a variety of stakeholders.
I’ve got a copy of the AS paper if anyone wants it

Latest

Trending

Trending