Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Tell you just want some privacy
get your own place?
It's to stop you jerking off. Also it's not your home to private in :eek:
If only it were that simple....
Original post by pineapplepink
get your own place?
Does a locked door automatically mean that? Small minded thinking. Why is it not my home to be private in? One of the most stupid things I have heard
Original post by StriderHort
It's to stop you jerking off. Also it's not your home to private in :eek:
since when do we have privacy when our mother's around??? 😂😂
It seems like a problem that has a different cause.

Your not a teenager, your an adult.. I can't see any reason you need a lock on your door

If your parents and you can't communicate well enough to manage when people come in - then your communication is the problem, not the lock
If you are doing so many dodgy things in your room that you don't want your parents seeing - then your actions are the problem
If its just the principle that matters to you, of having your own space, and not a practical reason - then its time you move out, or put up with their rules until you can move out.
(edited 4 years ago)
You have to convince her (with a little bit of emotional expressions) that she has to stop and your 21. And if this continues it would spoil my life as you are treating me like a kid. (And add a bit more spices that should convince her) and with luck u myt pass.
Original post by BalonSwann
Why? She gets pissed off when she realises it is locked, all I want is a bit of privacy sometimes. I am 21 for ****sake.
If u use a lock because your mum barges in, maybe u could just close ur door normally and ask anyone to knock before they come in
Well, a majority of households have locks on their doors for bedrooms. There have always been locks on our doors, and my friends, anyway. My family just tend to knock then come straight in, I suppose it has always been like that. I'm not doing anything 'dodgy', whatever that may be. It is more the principle of not being seen when I don't want to be seen, we all have days like that. Or interrupted when I am in the middle of doing something (Playing the guitar, reading or studying etc...).

Leaving soon anyway. I was just venting as I don't understand why she would get pissed off, rather than myself being called into question.

Original post by fallen_acorns
It seems like a problem that has a different cause.

Your not a teenager, your an adult.. I can't see any reason you need a lock on your door

If your parents and you can't communicate well enough to manage when people come in - then your communication is the problem, not the lock
If you are doing so many dodgy things in your room that you don't want your parents seeing - then your actions are the problem
If its just the principle that matters to you, of having your own space, and not a practical reason - then its time you move out, or put up with their rules until you can move out.
I have done. Thanks.
Original post by lilTrain
If u use a lock because your mum barges in, maybe u could just close ur door normally and ask anyone to knock before they come in
Mate - my questions is why do u feel the need to "lock" your room? Privacy? What are you doing that you need to hide from your mum? Yeah maybe you need to change your clothes - then close the door for that moment.
Also, I am 21 but that doesn't mean anything.
Simple solution - stop being weird and try and understand your mum from a parental view. If something happens to you she wouldn't know because you would have been used to locking yourself and isolating yourself from everyone. Further, whether your mum knows this or not, allowing your kids to isolate themselves is not necessarily a good thing. Whilst it is not a big deal, it can slowly lead to a habit. 1 in 100 people develop psychosis. One of the triggers includes isolation. (just some food for thought)
In addition to your age, your an adult so stop acting like a rebellious teenager. Speak like an adult, act like an adult and MAYBE you might get treated like one.
Why? She gets pissed off when she realises it is locked, all I want is a bit of privacy sometimes. I am 21 for ****sake.
Does a locked door automatically mean that? Small minded thinking. Why is it not my home to be private in? One of the most stupid things I have heard

Because you don't own it. You are an adult living in another adult's home so you need to respect their rules. If you are not happy with this, move out.
Moving out is a bit of an extreme move considering your problem can be easily solved. But I guess some people just need to learn the hard. MOVE OUT, pay rent, then you will kiss your mum's feet and listen to every word by the T when you realize you're wasting thousands of pounds in a trash home which is dirty and small.

Also, "black tea" has a very valid point - it seems to me "BalonSwann" that the person that is small minded is you.
Lol this is so relatable, both of my parents get pissed off when I lock the bedroom room, because apprantley "it means u have a mind full of darkness", which is just complete BS
I have done. Thanks.

Doesnt work, does it?
Locking a bedroom door when you are not doing something that requires privacy (wrapping a present up maybe or are naked) is dangerous. If you want privacy shut the door, don't lock it.

What if you fall, or have a heart attack?
You're 21, an adult.
If you're not happy with the rules that your parents have set in their home, then move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending