The Student Room Group

AQA AS Further Maths Paper 1 Pure 2019 (13th May) unofficial markscheme

Scroll to see replies

You then have to multiply by two as when rotating through 2pi radians you multiply by pi, V= pi x integral hence V= angle/2 x integral, so it’s 40/9
Original post by RVSZN
The equation was y=2x^1/2 + x^-2/3, when you apply this to the volumes of revolution equation with the limits x=1/8 and x=8 you get something like 103.725, which then to find theta you do (461/2)/103.725 and you get 20/9
What did people get for the distance on the mountain vectors question?
Yeah I got 4.4 radians but put it in degrees first lmao
Reply 43
Original post by eclipseboi
5 marker. It was the first "proper" question, I think. Asked you to find the volume of revolution for the region bounded by the hyperbola, y-axis, x-axis and the line y=a.

yeah that was a show question that the volume was ma^3 where m was 3.40 (3.s.f) m=13/12(pi) not sure how people were getting 2.2 radians
Original post by max532
yeah that was a show question that the volume was ma^3 where m was 3.40 (3.s.f) m=13/12(pi) not sure how people were getting 2.2 radians

I had literally no idea how to do it, so I don't know what the correct answer was :frown:
Original post by HateMarkSchemes
Or p < -2, because you could move it either down or up.

but if you moved it down, the graph would still cut through the x-axis and thus give real roots
Reply 46
I had literally no idea how to do it, so I don't know what the correct answer was :frown:

They're talking about an Edexcel question, can't remember the question entirely but majority of people at my college were getting 13/12 (pi) so I'm hoping that's the right answer
Reply 47
Original post by lemmens
but if you moved it down, the graph would still cut through the x-axis and thus give real roots

I had 1 real root, which was gamma... You'd still get a crossing it it was moved up which is okay. So pretty sure it was p>2 p<-2
Original post by max532
They're talking about an Edexcel question, can't remember the question entirely but majority of people at my college were getting 13/12 (pi) so I'm hoping that's the right answer

Oh right, I was referring to the AQA volumes of revolution question where you had to give your answer as ma^3.
Original post by max532
I had 1 real root, which was gamma... You'd still get a crossing it it was moved up which is okay. So pretty sure it was p>2 p<-2

ah yes I see what you mean now!!
Don’t use pi use theta once you’ve completed your integration divide by the integrand and you’ll get theta= 20/9 which is 2.2
The answer is 13/12Pi
The question where people are getting 2.2 radians is an equation bounded between x=8 and x=1/8
Original post by max532
Holy **** I got that as well!!!!
how did you all find paper 2, and which topics did you study??
Did stats and mechanicz, went much better than paper 1. Anyone else remember their answers, I got 1 17m/s^2 for the a celebration of the truck and 4020j lost for the slide
Original post by lemmens
how did you all find paper 2, and which topics did you study??
did you mean 1.17? If so I got the same!! And I think I got around that for the energy lost too - if I'm honest, the paper has been erased from my mind though, not a mechanics fan at all! 🤣
Original post by meinkemf
Did stats and mechanicz, went much better than paper 1. Anyone else remember their answers, I got 1 17m/s^2 for the a celebration of the truck and 4020j lost for the slide
Yeah I meant 1.17, mechanics was the topic that stopped me from ending it all
Original post by alicestudies
did you mean 1.17? If so I got the same!! And I think I got around that for the energy lost too - if I'm honest, the paper has been erased from my mind though, not a mechanics fan at all! 🤣
Original post by asifmahmoud
How did everyone find it? It was hard to finish everything in time. Can we start an unofficial markscheme for today's paper? Thank you!!

AIDS
Reply 59
My exam board is actually ocr but since everyone found the aqa paper hard I really wannahave a go at the paper, as anyone got a link? It would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending