The Student Room Group

Why are there so many jealous people in this world?

Eg when you get a higher grade than someone, they stare at you and dont compliment you as they would with other people. My so called friend and my sister are like that and i am avoiding any people who i THINK are like that for my own good. If you want to be like them and be clever then ****ing study. If you want to get a job they got then work towards it, if you are jealous of a person who did well at A level and you did btec and did equally well, whats there to be jealous of? If you at least 5 A*-Cs at gcse, why did you choose to do a btec if you're going to be jealous of a person getting good grades at A level? Why dont you do A level? This is what i dont get.. jealous people get no where in life and dont want whats best for you which is why its good to just remain quiet and do your own thing.
Original post by Anonymous
Eg when you get a higher grade than someone, they stare at you and dont compliment you as they would with other people. My so called friend and my sister are like that and i am avoiding any people who i THINK are like that for my own good. If you want to be like them and be clever then ****ing study. If you want to get a job they got then work towards it, if you are jealous of a person who did well at A level and you did btec and did equally well, whats there to be jealous of? If you at least 5 A*-Cs at gcse, why did you choose to do a btec if you're going to be jealous of a person getting good grades at A level? Why dont you do A level? This is what i dont get.. jealous people get no where in life and dont want whats best for you which is why its good to just remain quiet and do your own thing.

I think jealousy is just a part of human nature, some people deal with it better than others.
I know it's hard, but please ignore jealous people, and concentrate on being the best person, and the best friend you can be. If other people want to be jealous idiots, then that's their problem. I'm afraid we can't stop them being like that.

I used to be jealous of celebrities like Princess Diana etc. She was so beautiful and kind, just how I would have loved to have been. However her tragic fate was so terrible, obviously I realise now that my jealousy was a complete waste of time.

If you are a hard worker, you will reap the rewards later on, for example when it comes to the job market. And if you are kind to others, you will get a reputation as a great team player. This will take you even further up the greasy pole of success.

Good luck, and keep on being great.
I know, but all you can do is avoid saying things to make people feel jealous/avoiding overly jealous people. As people said it's part of human nature (competitive survival instinct). It's precisely the reason why boasting is 'bad'. And why those who achieve higher grades/are more successful are basically morally obliged to be modest about it. Tbh it's not the worst problem in the world, is it? Let those who do less well get praise from others; that's nothing compared to the highest level of success, which is rewarding enough to not need accompanying praise anyway.
Jealousy can have an impact on you in the worst way, eg you do really well on your studies to begin with then you can’t even grasp simple concepts anymore.

Quick Reply

Latest