The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Parkwood Houses??

Hi just wondering what the Parkwood houses are like?? thinking of coming to Kent this year and have heard mixed reviews from people about the houses? Not sure if I want to live there yet or my second choice is probably the Parkwood flats or Keynes!

Thank you!!
Hi there!
I'm currently in my third year at Kent, I didn't stay in Parkwood in my first year but I have a lot of friends who did and they really loved it there! It is a bit further from the centre of campus compared to the other accommodation, but because of the layout it is probably one of the most social areas of accommodation on campus. Also there's a new student building in Parkwood called Woody's which has a bar, restaurant, shop, study spaces, dance studios and social spaces so you don't have to go all the way to main campus to hang out with friends. Even though I didn't stay in Parkwood during my first year, I found myself going there a lot to see friends and for gatherings because it was such a social area. They've also recently renovated quite a few of the Parkwood houses making them (in my opinion) nicer than some of the other accommodation on offer, especially for the price! I'd really recommend Parkwood for its social aspect and for its value for money.

I don't know much about life in Parkwood flats but they have nice interiors! Unlike Parkwood houses the flats are ensuite and are still shared between 5 or 6 people. So if you're trying to decide between Parkwood houses or flats it's really just a question of whether you'd like an ensuite. Also worth noting, Parkwood flats are at the far end of Parkwood making them the furthest accommodation from central campus.

Keynes flats are one of the most popular accommodation choices and are really close to central campus. Again, I knew a lot of people who stayed in Keynes flats and they really liked them! They're all ensuite as well, but more expensive than Parkwood.

If you haven't had a chance to see inside Parkwood houses you can do a virtual tour of them, and all the other accommodation offered at Kent. Here is the link; https://www.kent.ac.uk/hospitality/virtual-tours/student/?/canterbury/accommodation

If you have any other accommodation questions or questions about life at Kent then please feel free to ask :smile: I'm more than happy to help!
Original post by cleo_james
Hi just wondering what the Parkwood houses are like?? thinking of coming to Kent this year and have heard mixed reviews from people about the houses? Not sure if I want to live there yet or my second choice is probably the Parkwood flats or Keynes!

Thank you!!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending