The Student Room Group

Breast reduction at 16???

I am 16 and have had severe back pain for the past 2 years. I can’t remember the last time I ran or played a sport. I have huge indentations from bra straps on my shoulders. I am 5’4” and have 32 GG. I really want this surgery but am unsure if I would qualify. Please help!

Scroll to see replies

This is your choice. I understand I have a similar problem. I spend over £50 for a decent bra to run in and it does help. There is no movement in those babies!!
Go talk to your gp about your choice. Consider the consequences of having a boob reduction as well as benefits.
Best of luck x
Original post by Meganmcleod777
I am 16 and have had severe back pain for the past 2 years. I can’t remember the last time I ran or played a sport. I have huge indentations from bra straps on my shoulders. I am 5’4” and have 32 GG. I really want this surgery but am unsure if I would qualify. Please help!

Going to the GP is the best choice for this. Also, I want you to consider the following things before you do head out;

-Given that you're 16 you could still be developing, so after getting the reduction they might grow larger again and will hence cause more back pain
-Be absolutely sure that this something you want to do, as not only do many boys prefer large boobs but many girls (even ones that I know) would be dying to have large boobs like yours
-If you're currently unable to get the reduction surgery done, just remember there are other methods like getting a personal trainer to help you manage and fix your posture to avoid any back/shoulder pain

To be honest, I'm a 16-year-old guy who has had friends who are girls who talk to me about this kind of stuff, so don't feel like you're alone. Also, I wish you good luck on removing your pain :smile:
Thanks a bunch , I will be sure to speak to my gp, I will probably wait till I’m 20 to get the surgery due to the reasons you said:smile:
Original post by oisin_2311
Going to the GP is the best choice for this. Also, I want you to consider the following things before you do head out;

-Given that you're 16 you could still be developing, so after getting the reduction they might grow larger again and will hence cause more back pain
-Be absolutely sure that this something you want to do, as not only do many boys prefer large boobs but many girls (even ones that I know) would be dying to have large boobs like yours
-If you're currently unable to get the reduction surgery done, just remember there are other methods like getting a personal trainer to help you manage and fix your posture to avoid any back/shoulder pain

To be honest, I'm a 16-year-old guy who has had friends who are girls who talk to me about this kind of stuff, so don't feel like you're alone. Also, I wish you good luck on removing your pain :smile:

If it’s causing her pain it doesn’t matter that boys like bigger boobs. She shouldn’t have to suffer to fit into what men like. Not trying to start a debate just stating a simple fact.
No worries:smile: Also don't forget that the famous British model Lucy Pinder was a 32GG as well at around 14/15 and she would complain a lot about her breasts, until she was spotted by a photographer and began her famous modelling career. So don't worry, there's always a happy ending to these kinds of stuff :h:
Thanks a bunch , I will be sure to speak to my gp, I will probably wait till I’m 20 to get the surgery due to the reasons you said:smile:
Original post by Anonymous
If it’s causing her pain it doesn’t matter that boys like bigger boobs. She shouldn’t have to suffer to fit into what men like. Not trying to start a debate just stating a simple fact.

It was just a random point I wanted to mention but you are absolutely right
Absolutely , I spend 100 pounds every 6-9 months on some good bras x
This is your choice. I understand I have a similar problem. I spend over £50 for a decent bra to run in and it does help. There is no movement in those babies!!
Go talk to your gp about your choice. Consider the consequences of having a boob reduction as well as benefits.
Best of luck x
(edited 4 years ago)

Yes.

Are you overweight? Sorry to be indelicate.
I agree 100% thanks for the support:smile:
I am average weight for my height, I was told by my gp to try going to the gym to see if it helps, so I began going to the gym in 2017. I have lost weight since, but unfortunately this has not helped my back pains or made my breasts smaller
Yes.

Are you overweight? Sorry to be indelicate.
xDxD It is quite a gift what u have at the same time (as some girls i know would say) but I hope you resolve your problem soon :smile:
Absolutely, I will have more time to consider by the time I’m 20, might grow into them! Haha :smile:

I think you should maybe wait a bit longer until you’ve stopped developing, you might have already stopped developing but it’s better to be on the same side, I have a 17 year old friend in the same boat as you, I think she’s 34H, she’s waiting until she’s 18/nearly 19 until she gets a reduction. I can ask her to recommend some bras that take the pain off a little bit, I think it would be worth forging out for a comfortable bra xx
girl do glamour modelling!
girl do glamour modelling!

Hence why I mentioned Lucy Pinder, but it’s all entirely up to her what she wants to do with her body
No worries:smile: Also don't forget that the famous British model Lucy Pinder was a 32GG as well at around 14/15 and she would complain a lot about her breasts, until she was spotted by a photographer and began her famous modelling career. So don't worry, there's always a happy ending to these kinds of stuff :h:

Omg you’d be soo rich if u started modelling girl!!
Mine r so small lmao Im getting a boob job when im 18...
Original post by Athenaxx

Cosmetic surgery is not your only option.
There are also enhancement creams and pills that a doctor can prescribe.
Many medium term use contraceptive pills also have the side effect of increasing breast size.
Original post by Athenaxx

Depends what you mean by small?
Im already on some estradial prescribed by my GP... But they r still small af and I've always wanted to get a boob job... So im pretty adamant about getting it done. Im not getting it done for anyone guy or anything, its primarily for myself
Original post by londonmyst
Cosmetic surgery is not your only option.
There are also enhancement creams and pills that a doctor can prescribe.
Many medium term use contraceptive pills also have the side effect of increasing breast size.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending