The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: The making of a Superpower: USA, 1865–197, 7042/1K - 21 May 2019

Exam thread for breadth paper

Scroll to see replies

How’s everyone finding the revision? Anyone have any predictions on what could creep up. Exam only like 2 weeks away
Original post by User372828
How’s everyone finding the revision? Anyone have any predictions on what could creep up. Exam only like 2 weeks away

revision not going great to be honest! hate that the exam is so soon + right near other exams too. hopefully something on civil rights will come up and my friend really wants manifest destiny. I wouldn't mind boom/bust, the new deal, Vietnam war or something like that! what about you?
I really feel I’m under prepared. Really hope the grade boundaries don’t increase too much. I hope progressive president come up or Yh something to do with the new deals. Do you feel most people in your class are underprepared for the course. There’s just way to much to learn for history. Anyways good luck in your revision
My teacher mentioned how they haven’t had a question based around the New Deal. Civil Rights is something that has been emphasised in my lessons - so maybe he’s expecting that to come up too? I hope the questions are more second year content based :smile:
Reply 5
If the new deal Dosent come up I’ll give up
Has someone got a 30 mark essay marked above 25 marks, that i can look at please.
any topic should be fine x
My class did a bit of paper predicting the other day, we're guessing the extracts would be second year based as the 2017/18 paper's had Y1 extracts on Economics (1890-1920) and Politics (Gilded Age Presidents) so hopefully a Foreign Policy or Social extract question should come up from Y2 (hopefully Civil Rights for Social and maybe Containment in general for FP)

Regarding essays, last year they had a bit of every theme and 2017 they were heavily FP with 2 essays (Containment ASIA and isolationism) but still included all themes in a way.

The only FP area they haven't included yet is Expansionism 1865-1890 so I guess that'd be okay.
Civil Rights if not the Extracts
THE BLOODY NEW DEAL WHERE U AT GURL
Progressivism maybe?
Economics 1865-90 or 1920-1945?

But either way AQA could give us the middle finger and throw on any repeated question or just rephrase an old one lmao

Good luck everyone!
Reply 8
looking at the past years papers, I really hope the essay questions are like social divisions 45-75 (civil rights etc) or boom/bust/new deal!! containment in asia came up 2017 so i guess we can wave goodbye to vietnam :frown: I reckon cold war topic could come up for extracts tho!
Reply 9
This is very similar to my predictions!!! im thinking foreign policy for extracts, and then civil rights, progressivism, and boom/bust/new deal for questions!!!
Original post by jordanj_01
My class did a bit of paper predicting the other day, we're guessing the extracts would be second year based as the 2017/18 paper's had Y1 extracts on Economics (1890-1920) and Politics (Gilded Age Presidents) so hopefully a Foreign Policy or Social extract question should come up from Y2 (hopefully Civil Rights for Social and maybe Containment in general for FP)

Regarding essays, last year they had a bit of every theme and 2017 they were heavily FP with 2 essays (Containment ASIA and isolationism) but still included all themes in a way.

The only FP area they haven't included yet is Expansionism 1865-1890 so I guess that'd be okay.
Civil Rights if not the Extracts
THE BLOODY NEW DEAL WHERE U AT GURL
Progressivism maybe?
Economics 1865-90 or 1920-1945?

But either way AQA could give us the middle finger and throw on any repeated question or just rephrase an old one lmao

Good luck everyone!
Reply 10
Aaaahh I’m stressing out like hell because there’s just so much to revise 😭
Not sure if the new deals would be a gift or not depending on the wording :/
Reply 12
What do you mean?
Original post by crustymuir
Not sure if the new deals would be a gift or not depending on the wording :/
As in if it comes up in the extracts and they give you a lot of information it might be hard to come up with something new to say
Original post by fmrh
What do you mean?
Reply 14
Ah got it. Like you can corroborate and challenge the historians but will struggle to indicate your own knowledge

Original post by crustymuir
As in if it comes up in the extracts and they give you a lot of information it might be hard to come up with something new to say
Since it's tomorrow I'd just like to say good luck to everyone and no matter what comes up I'm sure we have some knowledge to write down. Unless it's economics. I'll have nothing and avoid it like the plague.

Enjoy tonight and tomorrow morning's stress session!
good luck everyone
hoping for new deals and civil rights
Reply 18
Eeek! Good luck everyone! I’m literally cramming here..
hows everyone feeling?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending