The Student Room Group

I don't think i can finish uni and there's only 2 weeks left

Hey, so I'm in third year and I really don't think I can make it to the end. I cannot get myself to be motivated or focus on the work. Ive got four assignments due in the next 2 weeks; a dissertation (10k-12k words), a 4000-word essay, a 3000-word assignment and a 2500 word essay. I cant do this anymore, i've had so many breakdowns - i just want to dropout. ...
(edited 4 years ago)
- Remind yourself why you're here in the first place.
- Breathe.
- Prioritise everything.
- Treat yourself when you get a big thing done.
- Give yourself a big reward for when you finish the year.

I'm here if you want to talk :hugs:
don't be silly, how you gonna quit when you've got only 2 weeks left, be real, you'll feel great after you're finished.
Thank you, i may take you up on that offer
Original post by RazzzBerries
- Remind yourself why you're here in the first place.
- Breathe.
- Prioritise everything.
- Treat yourself when you get a big thing done.
- Give yourself a big reward for when you finish the year.

I'm here if you want to talk :hugs:
Original post by 24yogall
Thank you, i may take you up on that offer

I'll be here :h:
I know but i just cant get my self to do work
Original post by TheNamesBond.
don't be silly, how you gonna quit when you've got only 2 weeks left, be real, you'll feel great after you're finished.
I know but i just cant get my self to do work

You just have to do it, either you don't and you lay around which gives you short term pleasure, or you get the work done and achieve long term pleasure.

You just have to ask yoruslef which is more important to you.
It's not that im laying around not doing anything, i go the library everyday and just end up staring at my screen :frown:
You just have to do it, either you don't and you lay around which gives you short term pleasure, or you get the work done and achieve long term pleasure.

You just have to ask yoruslef which is more important to you.
It's not that im laying around not doing anything, i go the library everyday and just end up staring at my screen :frown:

Doesn't matter, you need to be getting the work done.

You just have to start, you shouldn't be afraid of starting, once you begin it's like riding a bike.
I know but just thinking about it makes me so anxious - sorry if I sound whiny
Doesn't matter, you need to be getting the work done.

You just have to start, you shouldn't be afraid of starting, once you begin it's like riding a bike.
This was me a few days ago, I feel like this and I only have 3 days left! In regard to the dissertation, I also left mine really last minute so found breaking it up into chunks each day really helped. It might not seem like it but 2 weeks is a relatively long time and you’re lucky you don’t also have exams. Still very possible to put together all that work to at least a 2:1 standard :smile:
I've pretty much finished my diss, i only have the methods chapter to write and edit the rest. How are u getting on? im glad im not the only one
Original post by fairplaytoyou
This was me a few days ago, I feel like this and I only have 3 days left! In regard to the dissertation, I also left mine really last minute so found breaking it up into chunks each day really helped. It might not seem like it but 2 weeks is a relatively long time and you’re lucky you don’t also have exams. Still very possible to put together all that work to at least a 2:1 standard :smile:
I've pretty much finished my diss, i only have the methods chapter to write and edit the rest. How are u getting on? im glad im not the only one

My only real assignment was the diss, it was only 7.5K however I somehow managed to do it and submit it within 3 days! Good luck with your work, bet loads of people have left stuff late it just happens sometimes
Hey, so I'm in third year and I really don't think I can make it to the end. I cannot get myself to be motivated or focus on the work. Ive got four assignments due in the next 2 weeks; a dissertation (10k-12k words), a 4000-word essay, a 3000-word assignment and a 2500 word essay. I cant do this anymore, i've had so many breakdowns - i just want to dropout. ...

It's good that your dissertation is nearly finished anyway.

Have you tried going to the doctors to get a diagnosis of stress /anxiety?

This would help your case if you were to apply for extra time to complete your final essays. I would make an appointment with a doctor (if you haven't already) and then go to see your personal tutor.
I'm in the same boat...finished my dissertation (& other report) and now have to really make a push for these last two exams

just a few weeks left we got this

Hey, honestly you can do it!!! Look at all the other people who have done it! You will be fine!! Have you got friends around you doing the same? Maybe study together and motivate each other? If you are really too stressed speak to your student support officer and they may be able to help you. Good Luck!!
Sophia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending