The Student Room Group

Is it illegal to meet up with underage girl (non sexual)

Hi, I’m 21 male and been playing online games like fortnite etc with a random online girl we just matched in one online game together as doubles then started playing together regularly. She’s aged 13 and some how the biggest coincidence happened and she lived on the same road as me (we’ve never met) but cause we live so close we thought we could meet up for food and to hang out and see each other in person. I just want to check to make sure this would be legal and it wouldn’t be classed as grooming or risk being put on the sex offender a list or anything (no sex related intentions just to meet up as friends) or a hypothetical if a police officer suddenly walked up to us whilst we were together and found out I was 21 and she was 13 could I get in trouble, thanks.

Scroll to see replies

sounds like a bad idea.
OP that would be an awful idea. Don't risk it.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m 21 male and been playing online games like fortnite etc with a random online girl we just matched in one online game together as doubles then started playing together regularly. She’s aged 13 and some how the biggest coincidence happened and she lived on the same road as me (we’ve never met) but cause we live so close we thought we could meet up for food and to hang out and see each other in person. I just want to check to make sure this would be legal and it wouldn’t be classed as grooming or risk being put on the sex offender a list or anything (no sex related intentions just to meet up as friends) or a hypothetical if a police officer suddenly walked up to us whilst we were together and found out I was 21 and she was 13 could I get in trouble, thanks.

No it's not illegal. It'll be considered 'inappropriate', and if I were you I would stop (unless you get their parents to trust you and permission, since they are underage).
IP has been logged. Say hello to bubba in jail for me.

Don’t do it mate, even tho ur mental age is probably 13 u should realise how dumb ur thread sounds lol
Very bad idea and very likely you'd be accused of grooming.
That in itself isn't illegal. It could be seen as a bit iffy by other people mind you. I think the best course of action would be to discuss it with her parents, if they green light it then, should you be questioned about it and the police get involved, you've got the parents there on your side saying they know about the two of you hanging out and whatnot.
I would say it's best avoided.
why would you want to be friends with a 13 year old as a 21 year old male? sounds pretty fishy to me. stay away from her for everyone's sake please :smile:
Yes police officer,

this post right here.
you don't actually know if

i) "she" is a girl

ii) "she" is 13

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/43/5e/23/435e232c9b44f64c76bfb4e3bdc1450c.png
BIG NO NO NO⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️ Just be an online friend to chat and wait till she's over 16...you don't know if she's will make thing up and causes a big trouble for you
It would be very shady and a bit weird but if it’s strictly friends, it shouldn’t be wrong legally. I’m sure anyone that knows her sees her with you would become worried fast.
are you mad? Really inappropriate
Chris Hanson was gaming with you like a loon
it isn't illegal but it's still a really bad idea.
it's a slippery slope isn't it. just think how much time you would have to slip down by your 40s and 50s...
Why would you want to meet her? Are you trolling?
Reply 19

legally it's completely fine.

Given your ages, it is a bit odd though ..

People here are acting like you're some kind of criminal lol, but this is not grooming because you haven't said anything sexual to her or anything of the sort.

bear in mind though, that reactions like the above are pretty typical and people do like to assume to worst and automatically think something shady is going on

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending