The Student Room Group

I'm confused

I missed a GCSE EXAM for valid reasons. My teacher told me not to worry about it! Are they going to calculate an average or make me do a backup paper for that particular exam.
BUMP
Genuinely stressing about this...so BUMP again
why don't you call the exam board? tell them ur problem
Original post by hajerox123
why don't you call the exam board? tell them ur problem

Okay...oops should have done that in the first place (Thanks):smile:
no problem tell me how it goes :smile:
Original post by Zoeyyyyyyyy
Okay...oops should have done that in the first place (Thanks):smile:
Reply 6
I missed a GCSE EXAM for valid reasons. My teacher told me not to worry about it! Are they going to calculate an average or make me do a backup paper for that particular exam.

Definitely call the exam board
Original post by Anikam
Definitely call the exam board

The thing apparently my teacher wrote a letter to the exam board as I actually went into school for the exam but an ambulance came to collect me instead.:frown:
don't worry about it you will be fine
The thing apparently my teacher wrote a letter to the exam board as I actually went into school for the exam but an ambulance came to collect me instead.:frown:

like the others said call the exam board :smile:

Depends, sometimes they give you a 6(C) grade due to mitigating circumstances for that paper, but odds are you will sit another paper or they will work out the average across all the papers and give you that
Original post by TheRealSquiddy
Depends, sometimes they give you a 6(C) grade due to mitigating circumstances for that paper, but odds are you will sit another paper or they will work out the average across all the papers and give you that

Thank you:smile:
Original post by 2838676907
don't worry about it you will be fine

like the others said call the exam board :smile:

Wouldn't let me give you a rep! Thanks:smile:
Original post by TheRealSquiddy

Also, 6 is a B
Genuinely stressing about this...so BUMP again

The official procedure and rules for this situation are explained in the document I linked to you yesterday. They will base your grade on the exams you do complete for the missed subject. If you don’t complete any you will have to take them at the next opportunity. I appreciate you are worried about what will happen but there is no need or point in contacting the examiner, they will not discuss the details of your situation with you and will simply point you back to your exams officer and the JCQ guidelines. There is no mechanism for you to sit a backup paper. Talk to your exams officer who will be able to tell you what is happening and what response comes back from the examiner.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by gdunne42
The official procedure and rules for this situation are explained in the document I linked to you yesterday. There is no need or point in contacting the examiner, they will not discuss the details of your situation with you and will simply point you back to your exams officer and the JCQ guidelines. There is no mechanism for you to sit a backup paper. Talk to your exams officer who will be able to tell you what is happening and what response comes back from the examiner.

Okay thanks:smile:
Wouldn't let me give you a rep! Thanks:smile:

you are welcome

Quick Reply