The Student Room Group

AQA English Literature Poetry Predictions 2019

Hi all I'm doing power and conflict poetry cluster and I'm struggling to go over them all. So does anyone have educated predictions?

personally I feel like it is going to the emigree or kamikaze or the prelude.
Reply 1
My teacher thinks the theme will be the power of nature or identity so those poems fit in quite well really
Reply 2
I'm hoping its not going to be a war related poem. though I doubt war as a theme will come up as that was the theme on the 2017 paper. Which poems have you revised.
Original post by skent6
My teacher thinks the theme will be the power of nature or identity so those poems fit in quite well really
Reply 3
Original post by anna123h
I'm hoping its not going to be a war related poem. though I doubt war as a theme will come up as that was the theme on the 2017 paper. Which poems have you revised.

I’ve got a good knowledge basis of all poems and I know quotes from any poem that I could link into the given poem on Thursday. Still afraid Tissue will come up after the gift of paper 1 questions so will definitely go over it this week
Reply 4
Ughh I also feel like tissue might come up cause paper 1 was piss easy!
Original post by skent6
I’ve got a good knowledge basis of all poems and I know quotes from any poem that I could link into the given poem on Thursday. Still afraid Tissue will come up after the gift of paper 1 questions so will definitely go over it this week
Reply 5
Original post by anna123h
Ughh I also feel like tissue might come up cause paper 1 was piss easy!

Agreed 100%
Reply 6
'Tissue' is a good poem to really show some flair and personality in your response. Life is fragile and uncertain. We define ourselves by objects but objects don't last forever. We don't last forever. Easy links to 'Ozymandias', 'Prelude', 'London'....
I think Tissue will actually be a really good poem to come up because there's so much to discuss.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending