are GCSEs shown on UCAS Watch

meipwrk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
when I was in year 5 my parent paid for a tutor and I did GCSE maths foundation and ended up with an E. also, currently I am going to do my GCSE music exam. both these exams are as an external/private candidate. I'm just worried this will affect my chances of going to a Russel group uni in two years. would it be possible to hide/ignore these results?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You must declare ALL qualifications or your application is fraudulent and can be cancelled at any point.

Universities aren’t going to care about these extra GCSEs
meipwrk
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
You must declare ALL qualifications or your application is fraudulent and can be cancelled at any point.

Universities aren’t going to care about these extra GCSEs
what about Oxbridge? and how do they check?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by meipwrk)
what about Oxbridge? and how do they check?
As long as you can offer 7/8 strong GCSEs sat in the same sitting, even top unis won't worry too much about extraneous GCSEs. They will understand that you didn't have much control over what was going on when you were in Year 5!

UCAS can check your GCSE results with exam boards if they have reason to. The risk of getting caught and having your application cancelled is far worse than the risks of declaring a few extraneous GCSE results.
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
They’re visible via UCAS Weblink, (the portal that Uni’s use), so you should absolutely declare everything rather than trying to mislead anyone and potentially voiding your application/offer.

As above, almost no chance that anything over and above 8 subjects will make any difference to an application, even for RG admissions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

What are your favourite crisps?

Kettle Chips (43)
16.67%
McCoys Salt and Vinegar (19)
7.36%
McCoys Flame Grilled Steak (17)
6.59%
Walkers Prawn Cockail (28)