The Student Room Group

Advice?

Iv known this guy for like 7 years. We used to play games and laugh around like normal kids when we were younger and I just found him to be a very funny and likable person. Fast forward to 2 years ago and we are talking and when he smiles I see his smile more. When he laughs I enjoy it more. When he jokes around I laugh more? I didn't realise what was happening but I definitely feel something for him. But fast forward to today. When I see him he reminds me of the good times we had and I catch him looking at me but then denies it. We jokingly argue (cus he always calls me fat), but then the way he looks at me and smiles, idk? He's like teasing me so we talk more; as we see each other way less. You see even if I did like him we couldn't be together because of the consequences of us falling apart. Our families are very close and it would be extremely awkward for them and us. But I want to know if he feels anything. Every time I see him I feel things. What do I do?
You need to ask him outright if he has feelings for you, or admit your own feelings and see how he reacts. I know it seems like a really scary thing to do, but everything will be fine if you are clever about it. Either casually weave it into a conversation as if it doesn't matter, or play a game (like truth or dare) that gives you an excuse to ask.
Can you just chat with him via message or WhatsApp? Do you have to only chat face to face? If you can develop a friendship via texts then perhaps more information will come out that will guide you better as to what he is thinking. Or perhaps he'll realize he has feelings he wasn't sure about. If you can't really keep a dialog going then he might not be that interested - but if he's interested he'll try to keep the chat going. I'm sure your parents would be happy if anything developed between the two of you because they would already know you both come from good families they already care about.
Reply 3
I will never have the nerve to do that ahah
Original post by moonbeam09
You need to ask him outright if he has feelings for you, or admit your own feelings and see how he reacts. I know it seems like a really scary thing to do, but everything will be fine if you are clever about it. Either casually weave it into a conversation as if it doesn't matter, or play a game (like truth or dare) that gives you an excuse to ask.
Reply 4
I know he's interested in talking to me cus he do talk and we do laugh. The thing is my dad would so not be okay with me being with anyone. So it would have to be a secret anyway so I'm deciding to drop the whole thing. But every time I see him all the feelings come back.
Original post by Hopefully1
Can you just chat with him via message or WhatsApp? Do you have to only chat face to face? If you can develop a friendship via texts then perhaps more information will come out that will guide you better as to what he is thinking. Or perhaps he'll realize he has feelings he wasn't sure about. If you can't really keep a dialog going then he might not be that interested - but if he's interested he'll try to keep the chat going. I'm sure your parents would be happy if anything developed between the two of you because they would already know you both come from good families they already care about.
Reply 5
Thank you for your help though!
You say your dad doesn't want you being w/ anyone. Do you mind asking how old you are? If you are still in your teens then perhaps that is understandable but if you are in your 20's it would be normal to be thinking about starting your adult life and building your own family. I would think if he was fond of the parents he's be happy to know you are interested in their son. I suppose people all react differently. But, if you are of uni age or older then it really is up to you who you want to be interested in as long as that person is respectful of your parents.
Original post by Anonymous
I know he's interested in talking to me cus he do talk and we do laugh. The thing is my dad would so not be okay with me being with anyone. So it would have to be a secret anyway so I'm deciding to drop the whole thing. But every time I see him all the feelings come back.
Reply 7
Still a teen here but we do have a history together, Thank you tho but ig I need to get over him.
Original post by Hopefully1
You say your dad doesn't want you being w/ anyone. Do you mind asking how old you are? If you are still in your teens then perhaps that is understandable but if you are in your 20's it would be normal to be thinking about starting your adult life and building your own family. I would think if he was fond of the parents he's be happy to know you are interested in their son. I suppose people all react differently. But, if you are of uni age or older then it really is up to you who you want to be interested in as long as that person is respectful of your parents.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending