The Student Room Group

Struggling with maths

How do you get good grades for first year maths as I don’t know a lot and my As exam is in 2 weeks time
Answer the questions correctly.
Make sure you do a lot of questions, i know everyone says it but that's the way forward with maths
Reply 3
Original post by NotNotBatman
Answer the questions correctly.

I know that but I meant revision tips lol
Reply 4
Original post by chakshita
Make sure you do a lot of questions, i know everyone says it but that's the way forward with maths

More past papers on questions on each topic??
Original post by Jmelanin
I know that but I meant revision tips lol

Remove all distractions, focus on your weakest topics and do all past papers under times conditions (even bringing the time down by 15-20 mins to account for exam nerves).If there's something you don't know view exam solutions, ask for help on here and ask a teacher, as soon as possible. Dont wait to do this. And don't be afraid of asking too many questions.
Okay, as you are in first year of alevels, I would suggest you do questions on each topic yes which means that when you get to A2, it'll be easier for you to understand the harder concepts. I would say, focus on differentiation and integration as they are 2 huge topics and they do get harder in year 13. But for now, just do a lot of questions and papers aswell in test conditions. One good piece of advice is, do a paper in test conditions, before you mark the paper, try and find atleast 5 mistakes (learn how to find mistakes), mark the paper, and do the paper again after 24 hours. This method will help as it will allow you to practise those questions again and again and if that same question comes up in your exam with different numbers, you will know how to solve it, and trust me, I know how hard a-level maths is but just keep practising while you have time.
More past papers on questions on each topic??
Reply 7
Original post by NotNotBatman
Remove all distractions, focus on your weakest topics and do all past papers under times conditions (even bringing the time down by 15-20 mins to account for exam nerves).If there's something you don't know view exam solutions, ask for help on here and ask a teacher, as soon as possible. Dont wait to do this. And don't be afraid of asking too many questions.

Thank you so much❤️
Reply 8
Thank you soooooo muchhh❤️❤️❤️
Okay, as you are in first year of alevels, I would suggest you do questions on each topic yes which means that when you get to A2, it'll be easier for you to understand the harder concepts. I would say, focus on differentiation and integration as they are 2 huge topics and they do get harder in year 13. But for now, just do a lot of questions and papers aswell in test conditions. One good piece of advice is, do a paper in test conditions, before you mark the paper, try and find atleast 5 mistakes (learn how to find mistakes), mark the paper, and do the paper again after 24 hours. This method will help as it will allow you to practise those questions again and again and if that same question comes up in your exam with different numbers, you will know how to solve it, and trust me, I know how hard a-level maths is but just keep practising while you have time.
Its okay hun! Alevels are nowhere near easy but you can make them easier for yourself by practising and practising, the earlier you start, the better!! (don't be lazy like me, it doesn't end well)
Thank you soooooo muchhh❤️❤️❤️
do past papers it will help u alot and the topics you don't understand go through that.
Reply 11
Its okay hun! Alevels are nowhere near easy but you can make them easier for yourself by practising and practising, the earlier you start, the better!! (don't be lazy like me, it doesn't end well)

I’ll try not to be lazy anymore lol

Quick Reply