The Student Room Group

Student Finance

I want to register as living with my grandparents so I get more money on my student loan next year as they are pensioners. Reason being is my household income is increased as my moms boyfriend is registered at my address however he has his own commitments so I wont receive any support from him. Any advice anyone can give?
Based on answers from advisors I’ve seen on here: unless you’re over 25, married, estranged from your parents... then you have to use their income. Even if you don’t live with them.

Plus, even assuming you could pretend to not live with them to use your grandparent’s income, doing so would be fraudulent and could land you in trouble if caught out.
Reply 2
Original post by cee.costa
I want to register as living with my grandparents so I get more money on my student loan next year as they are pensioners. Reason being is my household income is increased as my moms boyfriend is registered at my address however he has his own commitments so I wont receive any support from him. Any advice anyone can give?

Read the first response to your question, she's right.
Reply 3
Do you know whether or not I have to use my Moms partners income or can I just use my mom and dads.
Original post by sophia5892
Based on answers from advisors I’ve seen on here: unless you’re over 25, married, estranged from your parents... then you have to use their income. Even if you don’t live with them.

Plus, even assuming you could pretend to not live with them to use your grandparent’s income, doing so would be fraudulent and could land you in trouble if caught out.
As far as I know, you’d have to use your mum’s and her partner. There’s been similar posts in the Ask Student Finance forum where SFE advisors give official advice. You might find some of those threads helpful.

It sucks as Student Finance don’t take into account what your “household” will be contributing or whether members of your household really should be financially responsible for you... but sadly it’s a flaw in the system :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending