The Student Room Group

OCR Economics A Level 2019

Predictions and opinions on OCR Economics A level papers...
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Predictions for 25 markers in macro and micro OCR?
Here are some

Econplusdal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj0UdM30FNI

25 markers that came up last year I know because I'm resitting the exam so these are probably unlikely this year

Buffer Stock
Monopoly
Planned market vs Private
Cross elasticities of demand
Reply 3
Micro: unlikely to be Monopoly, there could be monopolistic/oligopoly/perfect competition. I reckon Labour Markets will come up as its barely come up in the previous years. Cross elasticities is a possibility as it was answered badly last year. Buffer stock is easy just have a look at it in case it comes up. Nationalisation and privatisation might come up as well.
Yeah, I agree with u, maybe contestable markets as well. I hope any questions on labour markets are not too hard cause I hate that part of the course
Original post by chenyy18
Micro: unlikely to be Monopoly, there could be monopolistic/oligopoly/perfect competition. I reckon Labour MaYrkets will come up as its barely come up in the previous years. Cross elasticities is a possibility as it was answered badly last year. Buffer stock is easy just have a look at it in case it comes up. Nationalisation and privatisation might come up as well.
Reply 5
Did anything on market failure come up last year?
Just buffer stock 25 marker
Original post by Jesss_00
Did anything on market failure come up last year?
Reply 7
I agree with all youre points except that nationalisation isn't in the OCR spec :smile:
Original post by chenyy18
Micro: unlikely to be Monopoly, there could be monopolistic/oligopoly/perfect competition. I reckon Labour Markets will come up as its barely come up in the previous years. Cross elasticities is a possibility as it was answered badly last year. Buffer stock is easy just have a look at it in case it comes up. Nationalisation and privatisation might come up as well.
Reply 8
Do you think the gig economy will come up?
I doubt it, its quite a vague topic area, maybe in an 8/12 marker
Original post by Jul.46
Do you think the gig economy will come up?
Same as state provision I guess
Original post by idk01
I agree with all youre points except that nationalisation isn't in the OCR spec :smile:
Reply 11
How did you guys find it?
It wasn’t bad. Struggled with timing badly tho
Original post by Jesss_00
How did you guys find it?
Not too bad, I was happy with the 25 markers, my 12 marker was pretty dodgy though
It was quite difficult compared to other past papers but fair play to those who called the exam questions... Especially the gig economy
For that monopolistic competition equilibrium thing, did you guys just shift AC or did you shift MC aswell
What did to do for the 4 mark graph question? Was it falling AC and MC?
That's what I did but some people said you only needed to shift AC
Original post by manu2207
What did to do for the 4 mark graph question? Was it falling AC and MC?
I shifted AC, 12 marker was hell both 25’s okay but welfare loss for consumer surplus wasn’t taught correctly for me
Reply 19
Did you guys do a monopolistic competition diagram?? I just did an AC by itself because it looked too crowded on the page??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending