The Student Room Group

AQA A level English literature exam discussion (Paper A 23/05/19)

Hey, I couldn't find a discussion about this so I thought I would make one. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi! I'm doing the same paper on Thursday and I'm so so nervous considering last year's paper! I'm doing Othello, Death of a salesman and Tess (sadly) What about you?
I'm doing Keats instead of Tess. What do you think will come up? I hope it's an Iago and Othello question :frown:
Original post by afroberts1619
Hi! I'm doing the same paper on Thursday and I'm so so nervous considering last year's paper! I'm doing Othello, Death of a salesman and Tess (sadly) What about you?
Reply 3
I'm doing Othello, The GBT and Love poetry pre-1900.
Reply 4
I just hope it is a nice extract that I can use well. I'm nervous for unseen poetry as well.
Original post by Mrs.Grey
I'm doing Keats instead of Tess. What do you think will come up? I hope it's an Iago and Othello question :frown:
What unseen poetry?
Original post by lizzyr2626
I just hope it is a nice extract that I can use well. I'm nervous for unseen poetry as well.

Same!! I'm actually hoping Othello himself comes up this year! I'm thinking the extract may possibly be Act 5, considering there hasn't been one yet. However, I'd love for it to be Act 3, Scene 3. For section B, I'm hoping for a question on Othello's nobility by the end or something similar, I'll be so annoyed if it's on a minor character. The GCSE paper was meant to be wonderful so hopefully they'll be kind to us this year.
(edited 4 years ago)

:five: same
Oh yes, I wouldn't mind that but yes no minor characters pls. The Iago and Roderigo scene was a bit of shock last year. I'm praying that it's good.

Same!! I'm actually hoping Othello himself comes up this year! I'm thinking the extract may possibly be Act 5, considering there hasn't been one yet. However, I'd love for it to be Act 3, Scene 3. For section B, I'm hoping for a question on Othello's nobility by the end or something similar, I'll be so annoyed if its on a minor character. The GCSE paper was meant to be wonderful so hopefully they'll be kind to us this year.
Hi! I'm doing Othello, Wuthering Heights and post-1900 love poetry. We were all thinking the Othello question will be on familial love, which I'm hoping it won't be!
Section B is the Unseen Poetry section for spec A, isnt it? It goes Shakespeare, Unseen Poetry and then poetry/prose.
What unseen poetry?
(edited 4 years ago)
Oh no, my paper is way different. Section A (unseen Othello extract), section B: Othello Question and then Section C: an essay where I compare Death of a Salesman and Keats
Original post by charlotte.a.n.n
Section B is the Unseen Poetry section for spec A. It goes Shakespeare, Unseen Poetry and then poetry/prose.
Oh, that might be specification B then? Honestly that sounds nicer, less poetry!
Oh no, my paper is way different. Section A (unseen Othello extract), section B: Othello Question and then Section C: an essay where I compare Death of a Salesman and Keats
Reply 13
What unseen poetry?

We might not be doing the same paper then cause in my exam you get two poems that you have not seen before and you have to discuss a key theme within them. I know there is more than one option for the English lit paper so you might do a different paper.
Reply 14
I'm doing specification A (Othello, Jane Eyre, and pre-1900 love poetry). I'm really hoping the unseen poetry will be good. How are you all spending these last few days of preparation before the exam?
hey guys, I was hoping that someone can share some Othello notes with me. My notes aren't thorough enough, my teacher is no help and I'm starting to stress because im finding it so difficult to understand the play. please help me out :frown:
Reply 16
Go online and type in Seneca learning. Make an account, they have an Othello chapter. It covers the main events and key themes and characters. It is made my examiners. It's really good.
Reply 17
See my comment bellow.
Original post by zxiinxb8
hey guys, I was hoping that someone can share some Othello notes with me. My notes aren't thorough enough, my teacher is no help and I'm starting to stress because im finding it so difficult to understand the play. please help me out :frown:
Reply 18
Reading through all my notes
Original post by Gwil
I'm doing specification A (Othello, Jane Eyre, and pre-1900 love poetry). I'm really hoping the unseen poetry will be good. How are you all spending these last few days of preparation before the exam?
Reply 19
Hey! I've got a feeling the exam's going to be super hard on Thursday because i've heard the language paper was hard too! Apparently AQA are wording things really difficultly so that's fun :frown:. Hopefully It's not on the women, I've got a feeling it won't be on Othello himself because last year's paper was about morality and death, so this year is probably love/jealousy? What do we think?
Same!! I'm actually hoping Othello himself comes up this year! I'm thinking the extract may possibly be Act 5, considering there hasn't been one yet. However, I'd love for it to be Act 3, Scene 3. For section B, I'm hoping for a question on Othello's nobility by the end or something similar, I'll be so annoyed if it's on a minor character. The GCSE paper was meant to be wonderful so hopefully they'll be kind to us this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending