The Student Room Group

can i eat takeaways + go gym and still look fit

im skinny fat atm

Scroll to see replies

Yeah it’s all about balance but also I would suggest reducing the amount of takeaways
Reply 2
is falafal + shsih + large chips okay for the whole day
Original post by jsadasdh
is falafal + shsih + large chips okay for the whole day

You mean that's the only food you're going to eat, every day? :rofl: Place your bets folks, what's gonna happen first, rickets or scurvy?
Reply 4
results all depend on your diet, generally only people with god like metabolisms can maintain a good shape while frequently eating take aways
Reply 5
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You mean that's the only food you're going to eat, every day? :rofl: Place your bets folks, what's gonna happen first, rickets or scurvy?

fine ill add a couple of oranges but chicken= protein salad= vitamins chips = carbs falafal =fibre...

wat did you eat today
Reply 6
nah just starve
Reply 7
Im trying to get toned. Help me
Im trying to get toned. Help me

answer is probably no. you need high carbs and low fat, junkfood has high fat high carbs
Reply 9
Any suggestions for meal plans pls
Any suggestions for meal plans pls

google
Reply 11
I don't get it. Junk food is just food. Why does it matter if i burn it off at the gym
Reply 12
I don't get it. Junk food is just food. Why does it matter if i burn it off at the gym

Junk food has no nutrients. You'll have poor health and be way more prone to being ill. Long term this will mess up your hormones including your insulin sensitivity as someone mentioned above. Just eat some proper nutritious food at least sometimes.
Reply 13
So a falafal wrap with chips is not good?
Reply 14

you can eat far more calories in a short space of time than you can realistically burn off at the gym. i might burn 400 cals in an hour session but could eat twice that in 10 mins eating chips
Look eat food that are good sources of proteins, fats and carbs. Off the top of my head food like rice, fish, lettuce, kale, extra lean meats are all good. Don't rely too heavily or at all really on energy drinks and supplements/whey powder.

By fats I mean mono saturated fats, not polyunsaturated fats that are in things like pot noodles and crisps. (I think it is)
So a falafal wrap with chips is not good?
Original post by Kyri
Junk food has no nutrients. You'll have poor health and be way more prone to being ill. Long term this will mess up your hormones including your insulin sensitivity as someone mentioned above. Just eat some proper nutritious food at least sometimes.

Junk food contains plenty of nutrients.

Please don't make misleading statements.
Original post by It's****ingWOODY

putting 20 on scurvy
Reply 18
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
Junk food contains plenty of nutrients.

Please don't make misleading statements.

Ok, I'll admit i exaggerated by saying "no nutrients". But it's not misleading to say a box of McDonald's chicken nuggets and chips is even close to the nutritional value of a proper balanced meal including vegetables.
Reply 19
i c\nt do this anymore. if junk food makes me happy and ill burn the extra calories at the gym whats the problem? I am ONLY eating one a meal a day when I order junk good!

What did YOU EAT today? ok look i live by myself in halls. I have no food in the fridge WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO?

Quick Reply

Latest