The Student Room Group

Uni

if you do bad in AS and get low predicted grades e.g. CCC but end up getting 3 A*s can you not go to the top unis? is it over??
Of course not, you can take a gap year and apply the following year or you can drop down to clearing on results day and see what uni's still have places
Reply 2
Do Oxbridge, LSE imperial etc. do this too? and If this was to happen would it be better to take a gap year or do the clearance. I'm currently doing AS and I'm really upset about how I messed up this year
Original post by scheharyarkhan
Of course not, you can take a gap year and apply the following year or you can drop down to clearing on results day and see what uni's still have places
No, the top top uni's usually don't have spaces left on clearance. Let's say you get 3 A*'s, the best option for you would be to take a gap year and apply the following year. If you really think you can get 3A*s then go to your teachers and negotiate with them and tell them how you believe you can achieve better grades and you will try harder next year to get those grades.
Original post by fares22
Do Oxbridge, LSE imperial etc. do this too? and If this was to happen would it be better to take a gap year or do the clearance. I'm currently doing AS and I'm really upset about how I messed up this year
Reply 4
If I take the gap year, do I apply as normal with my A2 grades?
No, the top top uni's usually don't have spaces left on clearance. Let's say you get 3 A*'s, the best option for you would be to take a gap year and apply the following year. If you really think you can get 3A*s then go to your teachers and negotiate with them and tell them how you believe you can achieve better grades and you will try harder next year to get those grades.
Yes it is the same procedure, and instead of predicted grades you give your actual grades.
Original post by fares22
If I take the gap year, do I apply as normal with my A2 grades?
Reply 6
Thanks man. Its just that I didnt work as much as I should have this year and I feel like I am capable of going to the top top unis but I just havent put in the work for AS.
Yes it is the same procedure, and instead of predicted grades you give your actual grades.
How does clearing work can someone explain pls
Reply 8
Its when on results day you call other unis to tell them that you got the grade requirements. If theres free spaces for your course then they will take you
Original post by annoymous_
How does clearing work can someone explain pls
Original post by fares22
Its when on results day you call other unis to tell them that you got the grade requirements. If theres free spaces for your course then they will take you

Oh right thank u

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending