The Student Room Group

Bang my head on a wall!!!

Ok so I get those bad headaches everyday and usually what I do is take of my glasses and put contacts (It helps as I can see better). IT IS SO PAINFUL I WANNA KMS. Like idek and around my eyes and on my cheekbone my face goes red and it becomes hot and then my body goes hot and cold and it feels ughh and I wanna die. I don't know what to do and my mum says "It's just a headache it will go away" Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen everyday isn't gonna help soo anyone have something similar?

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like a migraine, maybe? Go see a doctor!
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Sounds like a migraine, maybe? Go see a doctor!

Either my parents will tell me no stop being a baby or the doctor will tell me nothing is wrong and give me paracetamol..
Original post by Anonymous
Either my parents will tell me no stop being a baby or the doctor will tell me nothing is wrong and give me paracetamol..

If you tell them how much it hurts, and that paracetamol hasn't helped, then that won't happen.
Reply 4
If you tell them how much it hurts, and that paracetamol hasn't helped, then that won't happen.

It does, the answer is "Because you don't sleep early" and somehow "Because of the junkfood you eat"??
My whole face is red now
It does, the answer is "Because you don't sleep early" and somehow "Because of the junkfood you eat"??
My whole face is red now

Okay, you're gonna hate me, but those could actually be contributing factors. Have you tried getting more sleep and eating properly?
Reply 6
Okay, you're gonna hate me, but those could actually be contributing factors. Have you tried getting more sleep and eating properly?

My food is proper my mum just fat shames me and hates on everything I eat if I eat chips she's mad if I eat a salad she's mad she doesn't like what I eat what so ever.

Sleep I get enough sleep and I tried napping and everything but head still hurts

I tried pulling on my hair softly but ugh my head wants to die
Reply 7
Tell them you get enough sleep, you eat a sensible diet and it's still agonising and painkillers don't help.

Sounds like migraine.
Reply 8
How old are you?
Reply 9
Original post by katf
Tell them you get enough sleep, you eat a sensible diet and it's still agonising and painkillers don't help.

Sounds like migraine.

I just called her she said go sleep
you loose calories if you do that
But seriously my mum had the same thing happened to her. She has like really hot fluid in her brain. She takes many medications and honesty it got worse because of the side effects. Keep annoying your doctor, it might be serious.
u actually need to go to doctors this is really serious hope u get better soon x
Original post by Amnz_02
u actually need to go to doctors this is really serious hope u get better soon x

Thank you
Original post by HateSchx
But seriously my mum had the same thing happened to her. She has like really hot fluid in her brain. She takes many medications and honesty it got worse because of the side effects. Keep annoying your doctor, it might be serious.

Ill probably do that too
Drink lots of water and if that doesn't work. Try Cannabis related medicine which can be give by the NHS Now. As it's an effective relief of chronic pains,
Original post by SchmuckOff
Drink lots of water and if that doesn't work. Try Cannabis related medicine which can be give by the NHS Now. As it's an effective relief of chronic pains,

I don't live in the UK im pretty sure that's illegal here. I'll try drinking more water thanks
Ok so I get those bad headaches everyday and usually what I do is take of my glasses and put contacts (It helps as I can see better). IT IS SO PAINFUL I WANNA KMS. Like idek and around my eyes and on my cheekbone my face goes red and it becomes hot and then my body goes hot and cold and it feels ughh and I wanna die. I don't know what to do and my mum says "It's just a headache it will go away" Taking paracetamol and ibuprofen everyday isn't gonna help soo anyone have something similar?

I've recently been dealing with severe headaches and have finally (hopefully) got them sorted. It's taken about a year and a bit to get to the bottom of them, involving an optician, GP, neurologist, dentists and a physiotherapist but I'm there. Basically you need to get medical help and if you fully explain your symptoms they won't just send you away with painkillers.
it could be migraines or tension headaches. Try to drink at least 2 litres of water per day and cut down on meat / dairy - eat loads of fruit and veg.
Go to your doctor and discuss your symptoms, they may prescribe you migraine relief tablets such as - Sumatriptan - be cautious with these as they cause sickness in many people.
Pizotifen is a good preventative medication. You may also choose to get the migraine relieving ear piercing.
Definitely go to your doctor. good luck!
Original post by DrawTheLine
I've recently been dealing with severe headaches and have finally (hopefully) got them sorted. It's taken about a year and a bit to get to the bottom of them, involving an optician, GP, neurologist, dentists and a physiotherapist but I'm there. Basically you need to get medical help and if you fully explain your symptoms they won't just send you away with painkillers.

The doctor thinks he knows everything but like dude no you don't know anything
The doctor thinks he knows everything but like dude no you don't know anything

Doctors go through a large amount of studying and training. They do know their stuff. If you aren't happy with your GP, change to a different one. But you won't get help or answers that are actually useful from us. You need to see your doctor.

Quick Reply

Latest