The Student Room Group

Abortion becoming illegal

Just spout people... I wanna hear ya opinions ..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Camryn0903

Abortion should be legal and my heart breaks for women living in places where it's illegal or becoming illegal. Apparently nobody cares about mothers, only a clump of cells the size of a pea. I was under the impression all lives matter, but no, appears women's lives don't really when it comes to this topic. Very tragic.
I’m just really confused as to why a mother should be forced to keep a rapists baby :smile:
The good thing is there are a lot of options (birth control measures) to prevent pregnancy in the first place
If you listen very carefully you can actually hear the pro lifer's from a series of other abortion threads charging over here to say the same thing again.
Reply 5
Bbirth control is also becoming illegal I'm pretty sure
Original post by abedbrandy
The good thing is there are a lot of options (birth control measures) to prevent pregnancy in the first place
Screenshot_20190519-193431_Samsung Internet.jpg
it they are made illegal they don't stop happening they just happen in a VERY unsafe manner with v high mortality rate. It takes two but the second a woman's pregnant then that's all on her and it is NO ones elses choice about what she decided to DO.
Bbirth control is also becoming illegal I'm pretty sure

A lack of birth control is the mark of an uncivilised nation. Not a standard to be aspired to.
Abortion should not be illegal.
Original post by DrawTheLine
Abortion should be legal and my heart breaks for women living in places where it's illegal or becoming illegal. Apparently nobody cares about mothers, only a clump of cells the size of a pea. I was under the impression all lives matter, but no, appears women's lives don't really when it comes to this topic. Very tragic.

Every year there tens of thousands of non-emergancy (not from rape or due to major health concerns) abortions in Britain occur during the second trimester when the baby has already taken form, has limbs and a brain etc. These abortions take place by tearing out the foetus limb by limb until the woman is cleared out.

Hardly just a ball of cells, are they? I feel most people are naive about abortions and get too hyped up about rights without even knowing what they are supporting.
I'm not pro-choice or pro-life. I like to think of myself as anti-abortion.

I believe abortions should be legal, but the process of getting one should be thorough. What I mean is, abortions shouldn't be handed out like sweets on Halloween when couples are reckless in bed and make a mistake. The dehumanization of embryos makes reckless people comfortable about not accepting responsibility.

In my ideal world, if someone wanted an abortion they would have to go through a screening process and apply. One section would involve a judging panel on the reasons why a women would wish for an abortion.

Original post by Illusination
I’m just really confused as to why a mother should be forced to keep a rapists baby :smile:

Terrible argument. People don't take abortions because of rape, the average person takes an abortion because they made a mistake and are willing to kill a life to lose responsibility for it.
In this country there were more than 180,000 abortions in 2017. Are you telling me there were 180,000 women raped?
I'm anti choice and anti life. I think pregnant people should have abortions at all times(with them having no choice in the matter). :smile:
True but if this is the case .. surely the TIME LIMIT on when an abortion is allowed should be changed.. not make it completely illegal.. and if that's the case why is birth control also becoming illegal.m it's not even a foetus at that point
Original post by Mike Owen
Fine with that happening. I think abortion is horrible since it kills hundreds of thousands of innocent human beings (I haven't heard a convincing argument that it is otherwise). Is the kid a human when its just about to come out of the mother's body? Half way out? Does it magically become a human only once it is fully out of the mother's body? Scientists agree the fetus can feel pain in the third trimester of the pregnancy. We know a heartbeat can be detected weeks after conception. 50 percent of children born at the 23d-24th week of pregnancy survive. Before we ask ourselves whether abortion is moral, we should ask ourselves what makes a human.
Original post by DrawTheLine

Yes very tragic, all lives matter apart from the one most vulnerable - the foetus.

The issue with all pro-choice people is that they can never justify a point during pregnancy where it's no longer okay to abort the foetus. Some say 12 weeks, some say 20 weeks. Unless you pull a @SHallowvale and say you are still alright with abortions (if the parent gives consent) to the very few minutes leading up to birth.
True but if this is the case .. surely the TIME LIMIT on when an abortion is allowed should be changed.. not make it completely illegal.. and if that's the case why is birth control also becoming illegal.m it's not even a foetus at that point

Pick a time limit and I'll show you why it's a terrible idea.
5 weeks
Original post by Sharmarko
Pick a time limit and I'll show you why it's a terrible idea.
Original post by Obolinda
I'm anti choice and anti life. I think pregnant people should have abortions at all times(with them having no choice in the matter). :smile:

You're the one that thinks all humans should die (or should never have existed) right? Due to our detrimental effect on the environment.

Perhaps this will interest you - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_Human_Extinction_Movement
(edited 4 years ago)

a step for humanity REDEMPTION
5 weeks

Why 5 weeks? Why 35 days?

Why not 34 days, or 36 days? Did you base your point on 5 weeks because 5 was a nice easy number in the Gregorian calendar? Justify your conclusion and I'll break it down for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending